Chips
What is better Nascar or Formula 1

F

forest_leaves

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
F1 because I havent really watched Nascar, oval tracks doesnt really sound appealing

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Better in terms of... what exactly?

If it's speed, technology, strategy, driver skill or any number of other metrics then it's pretty clearly F1. I'm not saying NASCAR drivers are unskilled or anything, quite the contrary. I just don't think they, or their cars, are on anything like the level you see in F1.

I strongly suspect (unless you've got the money to watch from a yacht in Monaco or something) that NASCAR is probably the better live sporting experience though. I've never actually been to a NASCAR race, but I've been to the track for the Australian F1 GP a few times and it's pretty rubbish to watch live. You can invariably only see one small section of the track, so chances are if something cool happens it won't be where you can see it. It's a sport where splits and strategy and having the full picture matter a lot to your enjoyment of the race, and that's tough to keep up with live too. And in recent years the cars don't even sound as cool any more.

J

jekan85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Formula 1 is more interesting, speed, serious pilots, and big money

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have seen both. My preference is Nascar simply because there is an element of which driver outduels the other drivers.

Aristodemus_

Aristodemus_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There can only be one clear winner here. Formula one is the pinnacle of motorsport, it has the speed and the drivers. The old tracks of Silverstone, Monza and Spa are also the best in the world (Monaco is a dull race circuit).
That said, from a live viewing perspective I can see why people might find NASCAR more enjoyable.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like both ,but in germany they show just Formela 1 in Television :)

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I like both ,but in Germany they show just Formela 1 in Television :)

Thanks to RTL i have watched several races over the years but i still dont understand why they've to show so many commercials(specially during the sunday's race) and their need to automatically translate every non-german conversation etc :rolleyes:

J

Jam_V92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
both seem boring but if I have to choose one is Nascar

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
F1 , nowadays it's impossible to compare both, Nascar is in the past, F1 is the present and the future!

ScoobyEdu

ScoobyEdu

How about some fun games?
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Here in brazil little is said or shown about Nascar, but I confess that some races I saw on cable TV I found very cool.
But having more contact with F1 ends up making it more pleasing to the eye on the TV.

I would love to know more about NASCAR and experience up close to get a better opinion.

WhiskeyFix

WhiskeyFix

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I respect F1 because of the speed and strategy it takes. It’s an unbelievable Motorsport.

For entertainment value though, NASCAR all day for me.

There are more passes/battles for me to stay interested for long periods of time in NASCAR.

(Not knocking either I believe both are great, I just find the Ovals more entertaining.)

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Formula 1 is a total different than Nascar. Way over and more important.
Nascar is a lower category, it doesn´t compare with F1. Come on.

S

Salavat Kozhakhmetov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like Formula 1 more when I was little I loved to look now; interest has already gone