NASCAR

M

Mattyice1478

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any NASCAR fans in here? I've been watching since as early as I can remember and have dreamed of racing cars since childhood. I'm from southern NJ and it has to be one of the biggest deadzones in terms of racing fans in the country, at least in my experience. I was always a huge Tony Stewart fan but since his retirement I've been supporting the hometown driver Martin Truex Jr.

N

NoETdrizzle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't followed NASCAR for a while. Is jimmie johnson still the best? haha Who would you say the top 5 drivers are? I was always a big Kyle Busch fan.

N

NoETdrizzle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha I just checked on the current standings and it's:
1. Kyle Busch
2. Kevin Harvick
3. Martin Truex Jr.
4. Kurt Busch
5. Clint Bowyer
14. Jimmie Johnson
47. Danica Patrick

What's going on with Jimmie Johnson this season?

M

Mattyice1478

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha I just checked on the current standings and it's:
1. Kyle Busch
2. Kevin Harvick
3. Martin Truex Jr.
4. Kurt Busch
5. Clint Bowyer
14. Jimmie Johnson
47. Danica Patrick

What's going on with Jimmie Johnson this season?
He had an eh season last year and chevy took a while to get competitive this season, ford and toyota have been dominating. He still has some good runs but has only led a handful of laps this year

N

NoETdrizzle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So is it basically his car isn't fast enough? lol sorry I don't really know how NASCAR works that well. Cuz I would assume he still has some of the best skill when it comes to driving.

M

Mattyice1478

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So is it basically his car isn't fast enough? lol sorry I don't really know how NASCAR works that well. Cuz I would assume he still has some of the best skill when it comes to driving.

Kinda, the cars are so dependent on aerodynamics and setup nowadays so some teams struggle at times with a new car or new rules package to find the speed that they need.