Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Now that Arsene Wenger is leaving Arsenal, the club has to make a crucial decision.

The need to make a thorough search to find a manager who fits with the club's mentality. Arsenal is a team that under Wenger played some kind of "free style" attacking football. So I don't think that a coach like Conte would fit here.

A good option is Huddersfield's David Wagner.

What's your opinion for the next Arsenal manager?

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Allegri, we're not giving it to you!FJ! Fino alla fine!

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Allegri, we're not giving it to you!FJ! Fino alla fine!

Yes, Allegri is one of the best managers out there. I admire him a lot.

If he comes to Arsenal of course there will be a shift from Wenger's attacking football to a more defence-oriented style of football.

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Simeone would be a very good choice too.

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think Simeone's a good option for Arsenal, he'd be a better fit for Chelsea. I think that the choice has already been made, but it will be announced later. otherwise, why report that Wenger will go, and then hustle to look for a coach in a short time. unfortunately I have no candidates, in any case, the new coach can not avoid comparisons with Wenger )).

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes, it's true that the next manager will always be compared to Arsene Wenger. Lets see!

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some good picks, Wagner probably not but what a great job at Huddersfield to keep them up

Simone good choice but it looks Like Viera or Arteta not sure about either but I guess big players have started at big clubs, Zidane at Real, Barcelona bread there players to be managers so it works.

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I read today about Arteta. It seems he is close to Arsenal.

And, yes, David Wagner is an excellent coach. I'm sure that he will be the coach of a big club in the near future.

DANQA

DANQA

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, i think Allegri it's a better manager for Arsenal.

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that Arteta will get the job...they will be hoping that he can replicate the success of ''young spanish'' managers..in particular, guardiola..

I think that he will do a good job too (if given enough time) which is something that is not guaranteed anymore...fans wants results/success NOW..

ChrisDavidson

ChrisDavidson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm so glad Arsene Wenger leaves Arsenal! For Arsenal a new time begins!

D

Dachavr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Right choice for Arsenal is Sinisa Mihajlovic or David Moyes.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was never my favorite team, but I admit, many things have done for the English football at Arsenal. The time has come for the new manager. I think Many coaches would be the manager of the arsenal. as I know the most likely coach Thomas Tuchel.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I vote for Ancelotti, he is not asking for large funds for buying players.
and a good coach able to get better results than expected.

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Arteta is a terrible idea because he represents the Arsenal that lost their way. As a Tottenham fan, I would be more scared of Arsenal with Vieira as manager, so they should hire him instead but I don't think their owners have any balls to and will go with Arteta as a yes man.

A

Anar Veliyev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Arteta is a terrible idea because he represents the Arsenal that lost their way. As a Tottenham fan, I would be more scared of Arsenal with Vieira as manager, so they should hire him instead but I don't think their owners have any balls to and will go with Arteta as a yes man.
Absolutely agree
Vieira colud make Arsenal fighting like a lions
Emeri is a very bad choice

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know about Emery, he is still possibly better than Arteta's inexperience and Wenger's age.

However, I would have been more scared of Vieira, Simeone, Low... even Ancelotti.

They have probably made a good decision in terms of an upgrade, but perhaps could have made a better one.

Also, apparently Arteta didn't take the job because he had been given a lack of funds which suggests they may not back the new manager enough whoever it is.

It is strange for a player to turn down a job. It suggests the board want to manipulate the manager and they found Emery more suitable for those reasons. Emery seemed happy enough to let Neymar do what he wants and disrespect the club. He is also unsuccessful in the Champions League. However, he has won a lot.

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only time will tell whether a good or bad choice is Emery. he is already quite an experienced coach, with flying and falling. he sought titles, and this is now the main thing for Arsenal. we will see.

Digitaljesus1

Digitaljesus1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know about Emery, he is still possibly better than Arteta's inexperience and Wenger's age.

However, I would have been more scared of Vieira, Simeone, Low... even Ancelotti.

They have probably made a good decision in terms of an upgrade, but perhaps could have made a better one.

I think they made a really good choice with Emery (I am not an Arsenal fan). I would say it's much better option than Arteta who doesn't have any managerial experience (he only worked as an assistant manager so far). Emery, on the other hand, was working miracles with Sevilla just few years ago. I am aware that he wasn't that successful in PSG, but i don't think any manager can be really successful there - PSG is just 10 steps ahead of every other french club at the moment which means they basically play low tier teams from week to week. That means that they don't have propper preparation for CL matches + pressure for CL matches is high for them. Also, in order to be good manager at PSG, you need to have unreal man managment skills since it is a team full of overpaid superstars...

Now, if we look at Arsenal, i doubt anyone expects any kind of instant success with Emery and that is the atmosphere where both Emery and Arsenal can flourish.

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
As a Tottenham fan, I would suggest that they gave Arsene another 3/ 4 more seasons, then he would have been able to totally destroy them. He was a good manager, however I will be interested to see how their new manager copes with the "Don't spend any money" policy. He has had a lot of money to spend in the past, I wonder if they have promised him money at Arsenal? I guess we'll have to wait and see. :dontknow:

E

Em051

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hope emery can take arsenal finish in a good places next season

And yes i`ll miss Wenger...The manager who help Arsenal to be a Rich club

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
New era for Arsenal with Emery.

Let's wait and see what he can achieve with the club. I want an Arsenal to be highly competitive in the Premier League. And of course with Mavropanos in the defence.

Digitaljesus1

Digitaljesus1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a Tottenham fan, I would suggest that they gave Arsene another 3/ 4 more seasons, then he would have been able to totally destroy them. He was a good manager, however I will be interested to see how their new manager copes with the "Don't spend any money" policy. He has had a lot of money to spend in the past, I wonder if they have promised him money at Arsenal? I guess we'll have to wait and see. :dontknow:

I don't think Arsenal have that policy for several years now. When they brought Ozil few years back, they started spending. Arsenal net spend in last 5 years is around 220m which might not look big enough, but, for example, Liverpool and Tottenham have less than 50m net spend in last 5 years - you can check it out on transfermarkt.

Besides that, Emery didn't have a big budget at Sevilla, but still, he managed to win Europa League 3 years in a row. I don't think money will be an issue here.