Monday Night Football

V

vzmoney

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do u think the Packers would have won without Ref support? Im a Packer fan so I am Bias. I admit there were some bad calls. The pass from Rodgers to Sheppard almost got lodged in his face mask for a touchdown. Instead it was a pick! haha Guess we will see in there next match.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It was so poorly reffed it makes you wonder about the integrity of the game. NFL needs to clean this up.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This entire NFL season has been a shitshow of bad officiating. Last Nights game was BRUTAL. Should the Lions have won? Sure , But you can't entirely blame the refs because guess what their drives should have ended in touchdowns not 3 points. However it did sway the game a bit because of the dumbest calls on earth which they even came out and said it shouldn't have happened and it was an "accident" ..GTFO. Lions did get kicked in the dick though

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't leave it up to the refs. The Lions were smoking hot, then went super conservative. The way they were playing, and the aggressive play calling, could have had them at like 30 to 3 at halftime. Don't take your foot off the pedal and allow situations and guess what, they won't happen. There are too many rules in general now in football, and the lack of play by play replay in the background, for those important calls doesn't exist. All teams know this, but take their foot off the pedal. The refs influenced a handful of plays, the Lions influenced 3 quarters of conservative, predictable, play.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
NFL needs to get these late game flags figured out. He was flagged twice on the same drive for a penalty that he didn't do, and the kicker to this is that it was the first time he has ever been flagged for this.Without the help that they got from the officials I think Green Bay might have lost this game. It's gotta be tough to be a Lions fan after that game.

T

TDTODDY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard the best explanation of the ref situation. Many of the good refs have retired and taken higher paying jobs with teams, networks, and even gaming companies. This is the year that it has hit hardest. No real solution in sight for this problem.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can do what I said in the other thread. Have a team of 2 or 3 people watch the replays which they instantly have after the play, and if they can't tell in the time period before the next snap then it shouldn't be overturned anyway. They do this on a few plays a game anyway, but they should be doing it on every flag thrown anyway. They actually have rules on what can be reviewed or not, which is a bit ridiculous anyway.

Example, flag thrown for pi, they could have it reviewed before that ref even calls it out over the pa. They radio down to his ear unit that it was no foul, and the ref says "there was no foul on the play" and they get back to the game. And as I said, if they can't tell after those first few glances of a replay, then it doesn't need to be overturned or reviewed for 5 minutes. Simple.
I heard the best explanation of the ref situation. Many of the good refs have retired and taken higher paying jobs with teams, networks, and even gaming companies. This is the year that it has hit hardest. No real solution in sight for this problem.

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The NFL has been obviously rigged since Goodell took over. The game is just in a sad sad state at this point. I truly miss real football

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So eventually it will come down to every damn flag will be able to be reviewed which will slow down the game even more. as much as I love the NFL , it is becoming a Joke. Stupid Penalties , Stupid Fines , they are taking the true fun out of the game every year. Let these mofos play football. I get protecting the QB but now its becoming an absolute joke , you cant even sneeze around a QB without getting flagged. They signed up for this damn sport , they know what could potentially happen. LETS PLAY FOOTBALL

V

Vander44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I still think the Packers would of won the game.

The officiating so far this year as a whole has been awful. I thought the Dallas/Jets game Sunday night had worse officiating. There was I think 7 plays in a row with a penalty called and 5 of them helped Dallas.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah there was 7 in a row, I watched that game. Crazy, but at least they were actually penalties. I think one of them was borderline questionable, but in the replay showed to still be correct. There are just too many rules now, it's not all the refs fault.
Yes I still think the Packers would of won the game.

The officiating so far this year as a whole has been awful. I thought the Dallas/Jets game Sunday night had worse officiating. There was I think 7 plays in a row with a penalty called and 5 of them helped Dallas.

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This entire NFL season has been a shitshow of bad officiating. Last Nights game was BRUTAL. Should the Lions have won? Sure , But you can't entirely blame the refs because guess what their drives should have ended in touchdowns not 3 points. However it did sway the game a bit because of the dumbest calls on earth which they even came out and said it shouldn't have happened and it was an "accident" ..GTFO. Lions did get kicked in the dick though

+1

It seems the officiating gets worse every year. Inconsistent enforcement by human eyes. Humans are prone to mistakes. That you don't have someone up top watching it all on tv and instantly reviewing and radioing down to the refs in real time in today's world is beyond me. There's no excuse not to get calls right. Ya ya ya ya..."human element is part of the game"...I've heard that about baseball umps for years. Eff that noise. Use tech and get the calls right.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to think perspective also. Those 2 calls on the hands to the face, with 2 minutes of reviewing, multiple angles, slow motion... yeah you can see its not the right call. You take both of those plays, and look at the angle the ref threw the flag (there is a camera behind him for the perfect angle from his perspective) it absolutely looks like hands to the face, overly so. There is rarely a call that is just no doubt a bad call, on the field, from their perspective, in real time. As I said, all flags should be reviewed (they already are) in between plays. You wouldn't even know it was happening. Wouldn't slow the game at all. What keeps "bad calls" so abundant is that there are 1000000 rules now, and the rules which only allow reviews under certain time frames or circumstances.

tame4g

tame4g

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a little late to this one, but the Packers would not have beat the Lions last week without some "help" from the officiating crew. If I remember correctly, GB got a few huge penalty calls (some that were questionable at best) that gave them key first downs which resulted in TD drives rather than GB having to kick a FG/punt.

On a slight tangent, I witnessed the Aaron Rodgers Hail Mary a few years ago after that "facemask" call with 0:00. That one still stings.

chilindrodolar

chilindrodolar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the nfl has always had bad habits I do not understand why they do not correct this I always set an example as the world soccer arises that always has change

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the conclusion of that game I took to social media (Twitter and YouTube). Over 90% of the comments , and I am being conservative in my estimate, were about how the refs fixed the game. Many were Green Bay fans in apologetic fashion to Detroit fans. ESPN would also detail these calls on Sportcenter after the game.

Both hands to the face penalties were called on unconverted third downs which allowed Green Bay to continue their drives resulting in 10 points scored. Not to mention the blatant pass interference committed on the Detroit receiver which went uncalled.

Later that week someone on twitter pointed out that this officiating crew (referred to as Clem's crew) has been tied to 3 suspicious games where large money line bets had been placed on the eventual victor. In all fairness they didnt provide proof but just made the accusation. I have looked for this tweet again and cannot find it.

There is absolutely no way Green Bay wins that game without help from the officials. I have not seen a more blatant abuse of officiating in the history of the NFL and I have been watching since the late '70's.

I just want to add that I had no monetary interest in the outcome of that game and am not a fan of either team.