Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones jr Real fight or exhibition fight

J

jcvd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey friends of boxing.

What do you think about the fight Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones jr this weekend? Will it be a real fight or exhibition fight? Both have already said that they want to fight properly. Only promotion to sell more pay per view tickets?

P

poguesdota

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's true 2 legends real warriors, this fight can be serius damage for both, because they over 50 years.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you smoke weed (in your case, about $40,000 per month from your marijuana plantation) and work hard, you have a lot more in common with Mike than you thought. :canabis:

Mike

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The rules state no KO's or Judges in the bout, this is clearly nothing more than an exhibition fight except for the fact they are still charging full price PPV to watch 2 over 50's in an exhibition.

Whilst there is no doubt that both men are all time greats in the sport, there is little point in this fight even happening at this time and I for one wont be paying the ridiculous PPV for it.

J

jcvd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just saw the fight on youtube. I mean it is great to see Tyson in the ring again but i don't know if you have to pay 15€ for it.

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Tyson looked pretty good, to be honest. He moved very well, seemed to still have power and didn't get tire at all. Roy Jones looked tired the whole time, and although he still has some of his speed, should have been in better shape for the fight.

The decision was a joke, Tyson won the fight, can't see it any other way.

Hope Tyson gets to do it again. For sure he'll improve for the next one, he's only been training for a few months.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is all for entertainment, yeah i enjoyed watching it on youtube but not going to pay PPV for this one

J

jcvd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tyson looked pretty good, to be honest. He moved very well, seemed to still have power and didn't get tire at all. Roy Jones looked tired the whole time, and although he still has some of his speed, should have been in better shape for the fight.

The decision was a joke, Tyson won the fight, can't see it any other way.

Hope Tyson gets to do it again. For sure he'll improve for the next one, he's only been training for a few months.

Yeah at the interview after the fight you saw that Roy Jones jr. was more out of breath than Mike.

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in General, I liked the fight, they are still in good physical shape for their age and showed everything they can in the ring.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Two great boxers, real legends.

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I really fan of Tyson and for me both of them are legend. Watched their fight in YouTube and can say for their age they are looking good. I am pretty sure on the street they can knockout a lot of young marginals in case. But for the professional boxing their time already past.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The ref sure did let them hug each other a long time and took his sweet time to separate them.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was immediately evident that they did not want to beat each other, exhibition fight.But I was surprised by the physical form of Mike Tyson

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
The ref sure did let them hug each other a long time and took his sweet time to separate them.
Yeah, I noticed that as well and it bothered me quite a bit, but I guess he allowed Roy to hug Mike so much because he seemed like he needed it, and being an exhibition fight...

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It was immediately evident that they did not want to beat each other, exhibition fight.But I was surprised by the physical form of Mike Tyson
I agree. I think Tyson could have really hurt Roy Jones if he was inclined to do so. He went hard on Roy's body but didn't go as hard to his head. And it's good he fought that way, being an exhibition fight and because of their age. We were able to see a very mature Tyson.

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
според мен всичко е настроено

it's all about money
he was drunk in the ring

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jones was horrible at best ..mike was pretty good tho ,carried the fight and made it watchable at least .

ssi8

ssi8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best boxer in the world, mike tyson. But everything has its time. Now it's just a show for making money

G

gazdagleszek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a joke

It is a joke 2 old in their prime very good famous boxers want to earn much money. I respect them both but it is not a real very good fight which happens once in a lifetime just some dance and the result was draw..

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all!

The fight was good, Tyson is really very prepared and wanting to continue doing others, a fight against Evander Holyfield would be very good.
Enjoy watching the fight knowing that it is an exhibition and boxers over 50 years of age.

Cheers :icon_sant

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
Great show. Good fighters decided to shake things up:)

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning..It was just a nice exhibition between 2 former great fighters.A well paid one.I must admit that Tyson was in good shape for the fight, though