Miami Dolphins Frustrations!

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes i just tear my hair out at the NFL Team (FINS) i have followed all my life and love dearly - on our day, we can be a handful for any team but we are just so inconsistent and seem to just play purely on confidence or lack of confidence, the wins we have had this season including notable wins over ravens and New England show we have game but our defence seriously needs work on.
Beating the jets last night isnt something to shout about as they are one of the weakest teams in the NFL but that said - so are we to be honest.

4 and 7 just isn't good enough and we seem to be a fringe team at best and have been so for several years, i just know better times are around the corner, its just a bloody big corner!
Next up - the panthers!

D

Deeznutzzzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a suffering Dolphin fan too. Watching how Mac Jones has developed into something special for Pats and then waiting for Tua to struggle at any moment is depressing. Even with solid defense, Howard is the best, and some special receivers and TE without a QB we can't go anywhere but 50% at best.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm a suffering Dolphin fan too. Watching how Mac Jones has developed into something special for Pats and then waiting for Tua to struggle at any moment is depressing. Even with solid defense, Howard is the best, and some special receivers and TE without a QB we can't go anywhere but 50% at best.

You actually think Jones would be any where near the same quarterback playing for the fish rather than than the Pats? :eek:

D

Deeznutzzzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You actually think Jones would be any where near the same quarterback playing for the fish rather than than the Pats? :eek:
Absolutely! Pats have great coach and talent but Jones far outshines Tua as a Pro. Many players especially the wideouts who have played with both prefer Mac. Have the QBs switch teams and Miami is the better team. Tua isn't good. Jones will become top 5 QB for many years to come.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Decent young QBs it will take time ,but I’m sure hard on you guys especially after having a good season last year ..hang in there

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
As a Vikings fan I know a thing or two about drafting bad QBs. The Vikings picked just ahead of the pats and could have taken Mac. We have an alright Qb now but I was looking forward to having a worthwhile rookie that could lead are team past the first round of the playoffs sometime though. At least your not a Vikings fan like me. No prefect season no super bowl wins. 0 and 4 in the super bowl is hard to live by.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Tua had better receivers in college. May want to get him some help.

C

Curtycoins

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m a giants fan :( I feel your pain

Y

yago541

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And the team is impressive in this situation, a historic team like dolphins

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Absolutely! Pats have great coach and talent but Jones far outshines Tua as a Pro. Many players especially the wideouts who have played with both prefer Mac. Have the QBs switch teams and Miami is the better team. Tua isn't good. Jones will become top 5 QB for many years to come.

Yes, I do also.

I watched the entire build up (weeks and weeks) to the draft and I thought that though Mac Jones was known to be a major talent he was the least hyped of the first rounders QB picks and gave the impression of the having a really level head on his shoulders -like he knew he had to grow into the pro role.

I am not a fan of the Patriots but when they drafted him (a little lower than some predicted) I thought to myself this could be the perfect fit. Then lets face it, he was thrust straight into the starting role and he was weathered that storm. He's not the finished article but from what I can gather Patriots fans are happy.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now this is what i am talking about baby!!

719527076ec56750ff441bc539b42cc7.png

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I cashed with Miami today. 95% of the money was on Carolina on Friday. You would think the books would move the line from CAR -2 to CAR -3 but they didnt, which told me they expect sharp money to come in on Miami, which it did.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Big game tomorrow between 2 teams who badly need points - Miami have put together some form but the giants really need to up their game - can Miami make it 3 from 3?

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3 FROM 3 - another much needed win from Miami but to be fair, we need to put some away wins on the board and put the performances in against the better teams - that said - wins are wins and confidence is crucial.. Next game - jets at home on Sunday 19th Dec.

dd91da672e3e5a2418582a2884537df8.png

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Miami V New York Jets 19/12/21

This was a game at home that i expected us to win and yet again we very nearly threw it away with some poor play in the first quarter.

Thankfully - we turned it around with a stellar performance touchdown by big man Christian Wilkins!

https://twitter.com/NFLUK/status/1472670940374970378?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1472670940374970378%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fsport%2Flive%2Famerican-football%2F58482330

This is 4 wins in a row now for Miami who are turning their season around and building some much needed confidence now -

ed62f329f8bec3f4694735d5148c9dff.png

Next game is a tough one - 28th December away to the New Orleans Saints at the Caesars superdome.

Last edited:
D

Deeznutzzzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Decent young QBs it will take time ,but I’m sure hard on you guys especially after having a good season last year ..hang in there
Wow, Miami wins many in a row to get to 7-7. Let's go Dolphins and a great post by you!

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow, Miami wins many in a row to get to 7-7. Let's go Dolphins and a great post by you!
Sports like life is a grind you are not as down as much as you feel or appear to be just like when you win youre not as up as appearances are ...but keep going ,you just might get there and go far past what you dreamed possible ...mine

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im thinking of changing the title of this thread to Miami Dolphins Sensations!

Another superb win for Miami at New Orleans Saints last night has resurrected a season which was heading nowhere and sees Miami record their 5th consecutive win. This was a defensive masterclass by Miami with their first 8 sack game since 2012! Its worth noting that Jaylen Waddle put in another great shift with a touchdown too.

80e93f3ac026ce3d6fa9b3cdfac6535d.png

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Heres a updated recap of the latest AFC East Table with the next fixture for Miami on the 2nd January away at the formidable Tennessee Titans who are charging away at the top of AFC South with a 10/5 record. This without doubt represents the biggest game for Miami to date this season and will be a real acid test of the new found confidence the team has breathed into itself.

44a56128bcfa243d7060fce8770f626f.png

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Miami make NFL History - but maybe not the right kind!

Miami are now the only team in NFL history to have a 7 game losing and a 7 game winning streak...

#comebackkings

Goooooooooooooooo Fins!

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All good runs have to come to an end and to be brutally honest, this was a game that asked too much of the dolphins defence. Credit to Miami however for resurrecting their season but there is a lot of work still to carry out and serious investment is needed in this squad. Next game is at home versus the NE Patriots on 9/1/22.

772dc56883b3afc20b0d534319f8619f.png

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I honestly do not understant how people say Jones is even good.
Guy cant throw beyond 5 yards. Is all scheme and defense winning football games.

D

Deeznutzzzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly do not understant how people say Jones is even good.
Guy cant throw beyond 5 yards. Is all scheme and defense winning football games.
I rate Jones as great (for a rookie QB). He quite frankly is on top of the pack in results compared other rookies. Plus took team back into playoffs after horrible season without him.

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rate Jones as great (for a rookie QB). He quite frankly is on top of the pack in results compared other rookies. Plus took team back into playoffs after horrible season without him.
The defense took the team back to the playoffs, not him.
They even won a game with him throwing three times.