Is Messi Among the Top 3 best in History?

WDStipa

WDStipa

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
I didn't follow the older generation like Maradona so I won't even try to compare them.

But since I've been following football, I don't remember a better football player than Messi. I would also mention another soccer wizard - Ronaldinho, but his career didn't last that long.

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think that if Messi wins the world cup he will be at the same level as Maradona as the two best in history.
Messi is top 3 and maybe number 1in the history, maradona is top 10, no more than this.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, I think Messi can be considered one of the best players and is easily among the 3 finalists on this list for me personally:)

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes, especially if he wins the world cup

nasty bent gorilla

nasty bent gorilla

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
He's behind Maradona, as the second best player ever. Congratulations to Mr Messi on this year's world cup.

W

WellAA

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I didn't follow the older generation like Maradona so I won't even try to compare them.

But since I've been following football, I don't remember a better football player than Messi. I would also mention another soccer wizard - Ronaldinho, but his career didn't last that long.
Did You enjoy Ronaldinho, You should look after garrincha,
You'll discover the real wizard, the real master
detail, he had a problem on his legs.

Last edited:
gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
my opinion is that he is already in the top 3 in history and this will not be influenced even if he does not win the final tomorrow

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, apart from the World Cup, he has technically won more than Maradona. But i still put Maradona as number 1. Pele as number 2. Messi as number 3.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me, the first place is Maradona, the rest is not so important who is on which

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
He is among the 5, but if he won the World Cup he will jump to 3rd place.
He is in the best moment of his career and if he wanted he could still play another 2 years there in good shape.

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Without a doubt, yes, but at the selection level a little below Pele and Maradonna, but maybe tomorrow that will change

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Maradona played 9 years in europe at a high level (8 if you count he was out 1 year for anti-doping) Messi will probably reach 20 years playing in europe with MUCH BETTER opponents than Maradona faced, I really don't know why they still consider him bigger than Messi. A world cup that is made up of 7 games cannot be considered differential for him to be placed above Messi facing a generation 5x more qualified than Maradona for 20 years and being, if not the best, top 5 in the world for all seasons.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
Even without a world title, I thought Messi was the best in the game of football. I watched the game of Maradona, considered him the best. And when Messi appeared as a very young guy on the football field, I immediately realized how similar he is to Maradona. And when he breaks all sorts of records year after year for 18 years, when at 35 he continues to be at the highest level, I think all questions about the best in history have been removed.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did You enjoy Ronaldinho, You should look after garrincha,
You'll discover the real wizard, the real master
detail, he had a problem on his legs.
Thanks, that was a good video. (y)

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Compiling the TOP 10 is an easier task, because there are easily 10 football players who could also fit in the TOP 3.
Maradona, Pelé, Puskás, Ronaldinho, THE REAL Ronaldo, Garrincha, Eusebio, Cruyff, Messi, AND NÁLLAM Shearer also belong here, and the list of ten is already full. So at least 5 or 10 more soccer players could easily fit here.
It's a very difficult question and everyone's emotions are the deciding factor in the TOP 3.
My two favorites in the TOP 3 are Phenomén Ronaldo and Shearer, but the wizard Ronaldinho is also unmissable from the list... it's simply impossible to compile the TOP 3. :unsure:

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Top three - Of course yes. So many years of playing at the highest level! He is a great player!

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
For me he is the best both at a level, no one can stay at such a high level after so long and not be the best, this person is on another level

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's really sad to see how little respect Pelé gets from argentinians.

Brazilians recognize Maradona and Messi among the greatest but Pelé doesn't get the credit he deserves.

V

vivili171

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Messi and the top two in football is only behind Pelé

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think there's no doubt that he's at the peak of history.
It depends on anyone

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Definitely top 3, imho he is the greatest football player of all time.

S

stepashka321

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad feelings for to accept that it possible to compare different players from different eras. We have not instruments for such thing. Many have not seen even Pele play live , they just say about him how it is already accepted.
From last championship Mbappe should be top 1 among futbolists... And in season he is not worst than Messi..

P

plusia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Messi is a footballer from a Play Station game. Things that are impossible to do, he makes them possible.