lovemiscou

lovemiscou

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
What do you people think of the NHL not leaving their players play in the olympics?

I am very disappointed that the best hockey players in the world are not playing for gold. The level of play is not what it was in previous olympics. germany beat sweden in quarterfinals, something you would never see if Sweden had their NHL players there.
My wife says that the pro's shouldn't be in the olympics, that it is for amateurs, i say that the olympics is for the best athletes in the world, and most of the men hockey players there are getting payed in their respective league so they are not amateurs.

Come on mr Betteman, let the NHLers play in the next olympics, it's the best hockey to watch, they are not playing for cash but for their flags.

M

mikey481968

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
look i understand usa fans want to see gold in every event but its just not going to happnd and even if we did have the best of the best some how they still can get beat it is what it is in sports olympics need to be amature people that have to work hard to get the prize just being there is a great accomplishment could you do it train hard for a life time to come up short how the fk u thank they feel least they tryed

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NHL players should be allowed to play in the Olympics. Most of the best atlhetes everywhere are professionals. Look at the Basketball and Soccer, all PROs.
The quality of the games will be higher, more fans, more tickets and a bigger show ! It is probably a Political thing with the NHL unfortinly.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Man,that would have been a site to see Conner McDavid flying around all that open ice!!! :vroam:

lovemiscou

lovemiscou

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Man,that would have been a site to see Conner McDavid flying around all that open ice!!! :vroam:
Yes and imagine if he was playing with Crosby on power play, maybe next olympics?

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The NHL's (Bettman's) greed is the problem. The current situation is, however, making for a very competitive tournament. Players who never thought that they could play in the Olympics are getting a chance to play for their countries. But, of course, since other leagues are letting their players participate, Russia seems to have a huge competitive edge.

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not know how the rest, but in my opinion, Russia has always been hampered by players from the NHL, always wanted to give a chance to young people. and the Germans could always present a surprise.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Disgusting losing to germany

lovemiscou

lovemiscou

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Disgusting losing to germany

Ya what an upset, but Germany have their best players there, we have third rate players, who are not good enough to play in NHL. Imagine Germany playing for gold, they are not known to be a powerhouse in hockey. Coming back to my OP, if NHLers where there, level of play would have been a lot better, yes canada might have not gotten gold but we would have our best players their and they would not have got knocked out of gold medal game by Germany.
Good luck to Russia tomorrow, at least they deserve to be there.

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in vain you are so unhappy with the victory of Germany over Sweden and Canada, they show an example of team play, solidarity and used all their moments and took advantage of the mistakes of rivals for one hundred percent.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well played by the German team!!! I hope they win gold!! :party:

Egorov Alex

Egorov Alex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best hockey players in the world won the 2018 Olympics! Without comments.