P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Pretty sad to read about the state of match fixing in tennis, with the recent Spanish busts and Karim Hossam getting banned in February of this year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/stories-47121681

A casual look on Google shows many sports are affected by match-fixing scandals. Have you ever lost a bet on sports that you suspect was fixed? Is there any sport that you trust is safe from being fixed?

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i believe when Russell Wilson threw the slant route instead of handing the ball off to Marshawn Lynch at the one yard line during the Super Bowl against the Patriots was a fixed game

i also believe when the Falcons blew a 28-3 lead and lost to the Patriots in the Super Bowl was a fixed game as well

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Have you ever lost a bet on sports that you suspect was fixed?

Not sure about that but i do have won bets in tennis show-matches etc which were(and still are) fixed cause in them it's no-brainer to pick over 2.5 sets even if the odds for it are @2 or even above it cause let's say if i'd be in audience in typical match then i'd be highly disappointed if this stays under 2.5 sets lol :cool:

P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Not sure about that but i do have won bets in tennis show-matches etc which were(and still are) fixed cause in them it's no-brainer to pick over 2.5 sets even if the odds for it are @2 or even above it cause let's say if i'd be in audience in typical match then i'd be highly disappointed if this stays under 2.5 sets lol :cool:
Yes that's for sure, and plenty of this going around with players "warming up" in the first set and then destroying the opponent in the next two.

P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
i believe when Russell Wilson threw the slant route instead of handing the ball off to Marshawn Lynch at the one yard line during the Super Bowl against the Patriots was a fixed game

i also believe when the Falcons blew a 28-3 lead and lost to the Patriots in the Super Bowl was a fixed game as well
Events like that are so difficult to read in a fixing context, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some suspect bets being made on those games.

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Match fixing is a reality so sad but it's happening in every sport.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's definitely an issue, but more so in some sports than others. Individual sports will always be much more open to it than team sports, for the obvious reasons, which is why tennis and boxing are the sports where you hear about it the most.

I'd suggest there's almost zero chance of a modern-day NFL game being fixed though, just due to the pure difficulty of doing it, the amounts of money that would need to be involved and the number of people that would need to be involved. So those Seahawks and Falcons Superbowl losses weren't fixes, they were just the Pats being the Pats.

It's possible I've had bets affected by it in the past (I suspect it might have been in play for one or two minor MMA fights I bet on) but in the grand scheme of things it's not something I worry about. Unless you have inside knowledge of the fix, then it's a coinflip whether it helps you or hurts you anyway.

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There’s a huge difference between match fixing and “I lost my Seahawks super bowl bet so shit must be fixed”

While match fixing is definitely a concern, it’s always funny watching penny ante grinders come out with their World Expert Level on the topic.

Matches aren’t rigged
Real Life is fixed

420stee420

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have benefitted from match fixing so I don't have a problem when I am on the winning team but if I bet blind and see obvious signs of it I feel crushed lol

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars