Machado traded to Dodgers!!

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was shocked how much the Dodgers gave up when Machado is just a rental. I was thinking that 2-3 of those prospects could become legit stars later, great haul for the Orioles.

Chris Wade

Chris Wade

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Dodgers want to win this year. Not only did they give up all those prospects but Machado goes free agent at the end of the season. Problem is they still have the manager that thought it was a good idea to pitch Yu Darvish again after he had been hammered by Houston in his first start against them.

D

DADDY O

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow that was really a crazy move not sure why they made the trade but hey that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes SMH

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its more like Baltimore just needed to reboot their farm system and get the quantity of prospects.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its more like Baltimore just needed to reboot their farm system and get the quantity of prospects.

I understand that, but I've never seen a rental fetch so many prospects.

NoPlace4U

NoPlace4U

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This trade was a head scratcher for me, LA gave way to much imo, Machado can just leave after this season.

Chris Wade

Chris Wade

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Machado and Dozier and Houston comes to town and takes two out of three. Even if the Dodgers make it to the post season I fear it will be for naught. What chaps my hide the worst is Dodgers could have had Verlander. Thank goodness the head office wienies went and got yuey baby. Hindsight is 20/20 but it doesn't make sense to pick up a pitcher your opponent faces all the time and doesn't dominate them. Oh well the milk already spilled.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dodgers get everyone nothing new there they buy a team

B

Blackout09

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great Addition. But Go Cubs!!!!

A

asalco94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's a good reinforcement, and more than the team has presented many injuries.

N

NoETdrizzle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to go for it all these days when you have a chance to win in sports. The last thing you want is to keep developing young players in an endless cycle that just keeps you on the verge of a playoff team. It's important to go all in on the year you have the best chance because shots at a championship don't come often most places.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A top 5 player who can win games all by himself come along once every 4-5 years,if you have a chance at a championship,you have to have the nads to go for it! I remember back in 93-94 my Blue Jays picked up Dave Winfield,Paul Molitor,Jack Morris,Roger Clemens,,,,All Hall of famers,,,,and we won Back to Back World Series! I say great move! :top:

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to go for it all these days when you have a chance to win in sports. The last thing you want is to keep developing young players in an endless cycle that just keeps you on the verge of a playoff team. It's important to go all in on the year you have the best chance because shots at a championship don't come often most places.

Then why not trade for someone who is not becoming a free agent?

I understand your point, but no rental is EVER worth what LA gave up, history shows it's almost always a huge mistake.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe the Dodgers brass had a little talk with Manny before the trade,and made a verbal agreement to sign an extension after the playoffs,,,these guys make their living making decisions like this,and most know better than you and me.;)

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe the Dodgers brass had a little talk with Manny before the trade,and made a verbal agreement to sign an extension after the playoffs,,,these guys make their living making decisions like this,and most know better than you and me.;)

A potential extension is not the point.

Do you remember the Bartolo Colon trade? The Dodgers gave up MORE than that trade. This isn't smart management of your team's resources.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This coming from a New Yorker,,,funny,,,The Yankees/Mets are known for depleting their resources for a rental player,:deal:,,,I could care less what Other teams do,,,, perhaps your upset because this makes it harder for your Yankees to beat them in the Series? :p

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This coming from a New Yorker,,,funny,,,The Yankees/Mets are known for depleting their resources for a rental player,:deal:,,,I could care less what Other teams do,,,, perhaps your upset because this makes it harder for your Yankees to beat them in the Series? :p

I hate the Yankees, I'm a Mets fan

And where I'm from has nothing to do with how bad this trade was for the Dodgers. As a Mets fan it makes me ecstatic that the Orioles are retooling and the Dodgers are showing short-sightedness.

Chris Wade

Chris Wade

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Here's where the Dodger brass screwed up . No bullpen help. Kenly Jansen out for a month. They signed a bunch of guys nobody else wanted. Hard to rationalize 5 prospects for an infielder and nothing for a reliever. Now is where Roberts leadership or lack thereof will make or break the Dodgers season. Glad you can find some joy since the Mets obviously gave you very little this season.

Chris Wade

Chris Wade

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If it was not for the rally in the first game the Rockies would have swept the boys in blue.
The finger points at the bullpen. Solution move Maeda and Stripling to the pen. We shall see.
Btw jho I don't want to hijack your thread. If you'd rather I start a new Dodger thread. I'll tell you what my wife does. Slap on left side of head means no no and one to the right side means "You're ok for the moment." Been married so long we have that non verbal communication thing down pat.

Mac Poker