Lola had her 1st dog show on saturday

kidmeister

kidmeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I put her into a local dog show Saturday with my fingers crossed for a 2nd place rosette. There was plenty of competition with some professionals there with their hairbrushes and spray at hand. All I did was cleaned our her ears ( Shar pei problem 101 ) and her feet. She came 1st in Condition that put her through to the final, which she won Best in Show. So I surpassed my aim by winning one 1st place rosette, Best in Show rosette and 2 winners plaques. She's now retired from the show game as a winner and me extremely proud. Anyone else out there with any Show winning dogs?

Attachments

• 10440662_954767654567223_7306278097067286985_n.jpg
    10440662_954767654567223_7306278097067286985_n.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 11
arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone else out there with any Show winning dogs?

Yes, but not quite the way yours was.

Short version:
We rescued a dog on a country road in the middle of Nebraska while on vacation in 2005. He was in really bad shape with mange and skin problems. Vet clinic worked with us for 3 months to get him healthy enough to transport.

We named him "Rudy" and brought him home in September with a full coat of shiny black hair (not a spot of white on him). We estimated his age to be about a year old.

One month later, we were casually walking through an all-breeds non-AKC show, and one of the judges stopped us and asked if he could borrow our English ****er. (So that's what he is!) The judge proceeded to take our rescue pup into the show ring to show the other judges a prime example of what a Pure Field-Bred English ****er was "supposed" to look like.

We had several breeding requests after that -- but had to smile and tell everybody that he was a rescue and we neutered him. Ended up being one of the best dogs we have ever had. He died in 2014 of a brain tumor.

Yes... we have pictures - in the Pet Photo thread.

kidmeister

kidmeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry to hear of your loss, we lost our Annie and waited 12 months when we decided we were ready to bring another dog into our lives! It's a tremendous loss and takes time to get over them. We picked Lola up from the local dog rescue centre, her original owners wanted to have her put down at 8 months because their circumstances changed?? Makes my blood boil to see her going on to be a winner as she has and they were prepared to put her down because she didn't fit into their lifestyle. You don't just go out and buy a Shar pei without knowing everything there is to know about them. I never thought Annie would ever be replaced in our family but Lola is a fantastic replacement and well on her way to being a valued integral part of our family.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice! We just don't have time to get our dogs into anything like that - they are not show dogs but we did some agility training with the 2 oldest and it was going well - but we just didn't have time to continue it.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My sister in new zealand used to breed Boxers and show them years ago - won a few prizes,

and we happened to be staying with her on holiday when 9 little pups were born too.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Congrats to you and your dog Kid.

Is anyone else curious as to what breed Mr Jazz has that is gets censored.

PokerPete

PokerPete

RIP Logic And Sanity
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats to you and your dog Kid.

Is anyone else curious as to what breed Mr Jazz has that is gets censored.

English Field Kaahk-er Spaniel