Liverpool without VVD

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Will they be able to adapt? Or is he their only indispensable player?
If, say, Salah were to get injured, there's still Mane, Firminho, Origi etc who are more than capable to scoring in his absence - just ask Barcelona!
Even in the goalkeeping position - where most teams would struggle if they lost their number 1, Liverpool have a very competent deputy in Adrian.
But the change in the team, and in particular league results, since signing VVD, speaks for itself. Even if their defence hasn't been functioning well as a unit, sometimes his individual quality is enough to get them out of trouble.
Even if no one respond in this thread, I guess results over the next few weeks/months will answer my question anyway.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Even in the goalkeeping position - where most teams would struggle if they lost their number 1, Liverpool have a very competent deputy in Adrian.

Liverpool defense disagrees with this statement ...

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think he is an excellent player, but to say that he is unsustainable, I think I already exaggerate. Liverpool are now playing against Ajax in the Champions League and are doing well.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i think they will be fine

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fabinho will replace him just fine.

Who we gotta look forward to replace is Adryan, horrible keeper.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fabinho is the decision until January transfer window. If Klopp play with Gomez and Matip CB, nothing good will happen to them, especially with Adrian on the goal line.

L

lintsikka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lot of leadership and skills lost in defence. If we go back and remember time before he arrived, things have improved a lot. So i think out of all players, he was worst to lose. Probly ain't that big thing for whole season being ruined but then again we might lose some important points cause his absence.

A

Anglermeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In its best form, VVD cannot be replaced. He is just as solid as a rock, similar to Ramos in Madrid. But I also think Fabinho will do well.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.Van Dijk,nowadays ,is the best defender of the world so it is a big loss for the club..However,Fabinho is an excellent player that can do a great job till Van Dijk is in shape again..I would be really worry if Alisson were injured.I don´t trust in Adrian at all.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.Van Dijk,nowadays ,is the best defender of the world so it is a big loss for the club..However,Fabinho is an excellent player that can do a great job till Van Dijk is in shape again..I would be really worry if Alisson were injured.I don´t trust in Adrian at all.

Allison recovered very fast for Liverpool and participated against Sheffield Untied and immediately was felt the difference to be Adrian on the goal line or the Brazilian national. I think for you and Liverpool fans now is a lit bit very good to see Allison in the starting 11, after the shock you felt with Virgil van Dijk.

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
not being a Liverpool fan, I guess my comment about Adrian being an able deputy was out of sync with the majority! I was just thinking about how he played for the first however many games last season, when you won the super cup (with him saving a couple of penalties) and had a 100% record in the league for so long.

Organize a Home Poker Game