LeBron to be the starting point guard for LAL

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are people's thoughts on this? Him and green are going to be the starting guards, ad and cousins will start.... so who is going to be the 5th starter?

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think its going to work. As much as people hype the Lakers, its top heavy and as much it is superstar league, you need more than just two players.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who has 3 top tier superstars???

Besides that, if, and the if is big, but if cousins is and stays healthy, he is a top 3 big man in the leauge, lbj and ad are the best at their spots. Green is one of the best perimeter defenders in the leauge, shot like 45 percent from 3 last year, and has a lot of experience. Bradley is arguably the best defender at his spot in the leauge. They have some young guys with upsides in kuz, and even pope. Mcgee is a great defender and has a lot of range for a big guy, he played really good last year. It's also a team that shoot free throws very well, and have a lot of playoff experience and leadership in lbj, and rondo. I wouldn't say they are top heavy at all.

I'm just curious who will be the 5th starter since lbj and greenjoy will be the starting guards. Are they going to go big with ad, cousins, and mcgee, or maybe ad, cousins, and pope? Go "small" with kuz maybe? I'd think going with kuz or rondo would be best, so mcgee can switch up with cousins, then ad, alternating.

N

NoETdrizzle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea to answer your question on who will be the 5th starter its definitely going to be Kuz. If anything, I could see McGee starting at center just for the beginning of the season to make sure Cousins can play himself into shape. For LBJ at point, they need to watch his minutes and make sure he doesn't wear himself out at point.

jrgum25

jrgum25

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They're going to be big thats for sure which is a stark contrast to other teams in the league who have adopted the Warriors philosophy of small ball. I think Lebron can basically play all 5 positions and while he was on the Cavs he was essentially a point forward at times. It will probably make everyone around him better because Lebron elevates the play of others as the facilitator of the offense.

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They should play AD at center, Lebron at point, along with Green, Kuzma, and KCP/Bradley. If Cousins is back to 100%, they can finish games with him at center. The end of last season, Cousins wasn’t that good on defense so we’ll see how healthy he’s going to be.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cousins at center and ad at pf causes match up issues for other teams though. You can interchange them with Mcgee and Kuz to keep size, or go ad, kuz, lbj, green, and Bradley for a speed line up when needed, and even then that's big for a speed line up.

To me cousins needs to be on the block defensively because he can move good for a big man but I wouldn't call him agile exactly, not on the defensive end anyway. So him being anchored on the opposing center let's ad look over mid post, then lbj, green, bradley, dudley, etc... patrol the perimeter.

G

Glev Jr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LL next season will not be a contender to win the League.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They will for sure be a contender, but the clippers, and the Nuggets both would be hard match ups in the playoffs, as would the bucks or Philly if they did make it out of the west. All of those teams are "contenders".