Leafs

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am glad to see that Bab**** gone from the leafs. Now there will be players who should be playing that he didn't play. I am sure the new coach will fire things up for the leafs. What do you think of the firing and a new coach?

T

tmsr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am glad to see that Bab**** gone from the leafs. Now there will be players who should be playing that he didn't play. I am sure the new coach will fire things up for the leafs. What do you think of the firing and a new coach?

I watched the whole game last night and oh man, was that ever a good decision.

Barrie scoring the first goal of the game

The PK looked great

It was so good!

Can't wait for Saturday night now.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I for one did not like that Babs got fired. Its not his fault this team is overpaid aka (Nylander) and lacks physicality which is an attrribute to win stanley cups. He is an accomplished coach and the organization worked tirelessly to attract him to Toronto

However, I will say if after 4 and change in years that Babs is not receptive to the players opinions and will not do what it takes to win beyond his way. Then I feel, this is not the team to coach for him anymore.

From this point on, Kyle Dubas better get his schtick together on building a sustainable stanley cup winner. Its not just about speed and skill for which I would take any day of the week but you got to balance that out with heavy physical yet smart players who do the job.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea it is true about, not being the coaches fault. But sometimes chances give other players chances to make a difference, Not relying just on superstars , or players with the big contracts. Cause what I always see, the lower contract players can play as good as superstars. Just need chances to perform. When coaches keep on relying on same players, they get tired.If pressure gets to them they cant perform well. I look at if you are in NHL, you should be given chances to play. Even if a smaller contract player they are apart of the team so you should play them.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hard to believe the Leafs, won 6-0. It looks like the players are, playing the coaches way. Nice to see what they are doing, as a team now. I sure know they were playing Detroit, but we will have to see when they , a top team in the future. To see what they are going to be like. I still think a 6-0 win is good and we'll take it. GO LEAFS GO

mondo3

mondo3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Often when there is a coaching change, the team plays better for a while. I think that period has ended and they’ll start playing like a 500 team for the remainder of the season.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After last night's game I believe you are right mondo3. The flyers came out 3rd period and just took it to them. My co worker and I were talking they need to make changes to the team. But we feel it was a mistake signing 5 players to the massive contracts are going to affect the team for many years, cause of the cap.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After watching 7 games under Sheldon Keefe. He has done a great job of implementing his system of 5 man team heavy puck posession.

Only problem is the team has started to flail again and no amount of coaching can save that.

They urgently need to change players on the team.

mondo3

mondo3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the interesting things about the leafs is that after this year, they only have 1 D signed. That's a very unusual situation. I wonder if they will be pro-active during the free agency period or draft and try to stock up on D with NHL experience.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice to see leafs going on a run. Maybe they can make it out of the basement into a play off spot. Not even half the season hopefully they can win most of the games instead of losing. GO LEAFS GO.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Leafs are on a nice run about now, hopefully they can keep it up going into Friday. I know the Leafs are far from making playoffs but we have hope. Looks like players are biting the coaches advice on how to play with each other. Go Leafs Go