Lakers NBA

C

Cancun2022

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you consider the Lakers season a failure?

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Despite Anthony Davis' injuries and the fact that Russell Westbrook didn't fit in well with the team, I consider the Lakers' season a failure.

At the very least, I expected the Lakers to reach the play-in.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a failure, but I think it is failure not so on the court as it was expected when you selected your squad with ''former'' stars like Westbrook, Anthony, Howard - what can you expect, to be the best with these players, which were top before 5-10 years, but now. Something is broken in the ownership with this team. To be honest, I expected from them to clinch the play-in tournament, but they managed to go more down.

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
How can you not calm this season a failure? 16 games under 500 with 3 perennial all stars that just couldn’t get it done together, sure they played 21 games together due to injury but wow so underwhelming.. traded away the future for a championship run this year but didn’t even make the play in tournament lol yeah that’s the definition of a failure. GM Lebron screwed up big time

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do consider the Lakers season a failure.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

The fans demand a lot from that team since its a major market team with a winning past.

The greatest basketball player ever, Lebron James is nearing the end but can still get it done, Westbrook has never won anywhere, Davis is still young and a tremendous talent but was hurt and the supporting team reminds me of Lebron's 2nd time to the Cavs supporting cast which was mediocre at best.

Carmelo Anthony on the Nuggets or early with the Knicks was a tremendous scorer but again he was like Westbrook where he'd score a lot but the team wouldn't go deep into the playoffs and he's at the end as well.

The Lakers need talent in that lineup and not just names.

The Lakers just won a championship so I really don't feel bad for them.

Lebron should move on to see where his kid goes or go to a team that has never won a championship but has talent and call it a career.

You have teams like the Pelicans, Grizzlies, Hornets and Clippers that haven't won a championship and a team like the Knicks that hasn't won a championship in like 50 years, lol.

So the Lakers had an injury prone year but a failure? Not really because they had too many injuries that are really out of their control and they just won a championship. Most teams would trade away their future and give a ton of money to like LeBron James who could almost guarantee a championship and that's what the Lakers did and won a championship.

This idea of dynasty or something like that is some silly notion that a lot of these fans in these big markets get, lol.

I would be happy to see a competitive team on the floor/field every year for the teams I'm a fan of but some fans see their teams as failures when they don't get into the playoffs or win a championship, lol. They are so spoiled.

Last edited:
C

CrushAce8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep, failure in my account too!

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, underperforming overpaid and no growth

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The whole season was a huge disappointment. I expected conference final, when I heard about the big trio (LeBron, AD, Westbrook).

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As expectations are linked to what each team can offer, yes, I consider :( and I'm not saying this in the sense of winning, but in terms of not having reached the play-in

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was with this super stars team, that the GOAT debate is over. LeBron will never reach the same golden seat, where MJ is.

G

gassstation

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Kick Westbrook

Definitely, Russell Westbrook filled the whole season with the team, 1 transfer changed everything drastically. He won't be with the Lakers next season, all shots miss, I'd rather play