alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey everybody!
Well i wanted to bring this topic on, in case someone doesn't know there is a new platform with a name Komoot, which allows you to plan, to record, GPS navigating and share with friends all of your tours, no matter if you are on a bicycle, off-road motorbike or just go for a wandering at nature. I am using it since half year and i'm happy with it. The greatest thing about this, you could plan your route at the www.komoot.com before you go making a bike tour for example, in some place you never been at, then you can upload that tour to your smartphone, make it offline available, then you just plug your earphone to the smartphone, start navigation and simply start the tour. It even works with a display turned off, which gives you possibility to make a tour with a navigation the whole day, if smartphone has full battery. And the best of it, you don't need to stop and look where you have to drive further every time you reach the road fork. Navigation tells you short before and you are just saving a lot of time, don't need to stop and keep yourself more safe looking at the road, instead of navigator. That works just great! Since i found it, i do my tours only the way like that and my most favorite tours i can easily share with my friends, who are also registered at komoot.
The platform is using open-source maps of "openstreetmap.org", which means you or other people are able to edit it, so it's updating and getting better kinda everyday.
So for those who are interested about that platform i want to say something:
yes it's not completely free and you have to buy regions or world map for some money, but honestly, if you are not going to record your routes a lot or you don't need to plan routes from your smartphone or tablet and you don't need to have all maps offline. You can just make a route on your PC at home, upload it to smartphone and it works on every such route well for free! In addition you get one region for free after registration as well.
Btw, however the platform, App & website are available at the moment only on two languages: english and german, the navigation itself has already many other languages to download. And it's for free as well.
You may find me with the same nickname there and i will be glad following you and be followed. ;)
Wish you have a lot of fun making tours this year. ;)

Last edited: