Kawhi Leonard regular season MVP

Sale_MLS

Sale_MLS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not Russel, Curry, LBJ or Harden, but the best defensive player with 26 ppg!

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Not Russel, Curry, LBJ or Harden, but the best defensive player with 26 ppg!

Nope

He will finish in the top 4 but has zero chance of winning it most likely third or fourth.

The spurs win even when he is not playing. This sounds stupid but this is a major factor.
Russ/Beard offensive numbers are off the charts this season and that is usually what is important MVP defense is not so much.

Sale_MLS

Sale_MLS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not saying that he will be. Just that he should be. I agree with everything you said. And Russ/Beard/LBJ/KD/and at least a dozen more, are much more interesting to an average viewer...

Bodomovac

Bodomovac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think he will be the MVP.

For me it's James Harden...he has the least in his team, and doing amazing things.

Then It's Westbeast...if Westbrook gets OKC to 5th seed and averages triple double than it's Russ.

And third is Leonard. OFC if San Antonio gets the first spot in west, then he is in talks, but I don't think he will be the MVP.

And forth, and he doesn't get credit he deserves, it's John Wall... he is doing great stuff with Wizards, and if they get 1st position in East, he is in talks too.

B

Blackout09

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Leonard is up there. but for now is Harden, Westbrook, then Leonard.

T

tke001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Harden or Russ will win the MVP but Kawhi deserves it for as he plays both ends of the floor and has his team in a better playoff seed.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Maybe one day. I'm also a fan of Kawhi, a very complete and decisive player.

M

mitozgd1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I also think he will finish third in that race. You can't argue with Westbrook and even Harden's triple-doubles.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not this year ,personally i think it should be harden but russel westbrook is right there no doubt ...there will be about a half dozen other players that some years could have won it but not this season those twos numbers are just to huge to ignore

Sale_MLS

Sale_MLS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The prize will be awarded after the play off first round. Beard and Russ are playing aga5each other, so whoever wins that series will probably take the MVP trophy.

T

tke001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kawhi is worthy but the MVP is given based on offensive stats. Voters are too dumb to consider defense. I mean, really, you have to play on both ends of the court and not play matador defense like The Beard!

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am fan of San Antonio and Golden State, but Kawhi Leonard is not the MVP. Russel or Harden can be the MVP and after the series end between those teams. Remember that Russel break a record and almost wiht a bad team they reach a playoff spot. In he case of Harden he has a very decent team a almost have an average of a triple doble like Russel.

R

reggie_g

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rw is mvp triple double machine nuff said

AvovchikA

AvovchikA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This season is undoubtedly Westbrook. He broke an eternal record and it does not go unnoticed. With all due respect to Vitkу, he alone took Okl to the playoffs, which is exactly what the MVP is doing. For team action, the best players will receive rings. MVP is undoubtedly a turtle.

Sale_MLS

Sale_MLS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Russ just played the game with 17/43 fg and said "I don't give a shit about stats!"
Dude, you don't give a shit about anything else...

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Russ just played the game with 17/43 fg and said "I don't give a shit about stats!"
Dude, you don't give a shit about anything else...

He still MVP.
He has to play that way just not enough around him. He was like 13/28 late in the third. He had a poor fourth quarter tried to will his team on his own to win.
There shooters Kanter/McDermott can't defend and their defensive guys like Adams/Roberson can't score.
He went to the bench at the end of third quarter for a minute and a half and their twelve point lead evaporated.

Sale_MLS

Sale_MLS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He still MVP.
He has to play that way just not enough around him. He was like 13/28 late in the third. He had a poor fourth quarter tried to will his team on his own to win.
There shooters Kanter/McDermott can't defend and their defensive guys like Adams/Roberson can't score.
He went to the bench at the end of third quarter for a minute and a half and their twelve point lead evaporated.
"Poor fourth quarter"? It was the worst quarter by a single player in NBA play offs ever.
The guy is top class,he broke Big O's record, everything about his season is amazing...
But, he's all about stats. In his 40th triple double, he was 2 assists from td and noone took the shoot unless the ball came from Russ. And Russ was passing even when he had a clear shot. It was hard to watch.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He still MVP.

I get the argument that he doesn't have a great team, I get behind that but we have no idea how good or bad his players really are cause they never touch the ball. Are you telling me that of all those 18 forth quarter shots, not one of them could have been to someone else to make a play. I get they are bad but they aren't that bad, they are not being utilised well enough

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I get the argument that he doesn't have a great team, I get behind that but we have no idea how good or bad his players really are cause they never touch the ball. Are you telling me that of all those 18 forth quarter shots, not one of them could have been to someone else to make a play. I get they are bad but they aren't that bad, they are not being utilised well enough

There are good role players on the team but sum of the parts don't fit. They lack shooting and play making the only shooters they got can't defend.

They go as Russ goes if Adams does not get into foul trouble in the third I think there defense limits Houston and they win the game.

Reminder Russ dropped 51 in the game and had 13 assists who else are they to go to in fourth?

Sale_MLS

Sale_MLS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Russ had a triple double in 1st half tonight - 17/10/10. Amazing!
I'd still vote for Kawhi ☺

AvovchikA

AvovchikA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who was given? But then I did not see

D

DADDY O

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had to read this to make sure but if it's on defense alone of course K.L. Deserves it hands down but mvp means all around player not just a specific category but I understand your view on it