Johnny Manziel

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does he get signed ? I think he may be signed as a third QB or practice squad for an opportunity but his baggage may be to much.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
He is good enough to be a back up qb in league heck he could enough start on some teams as there are some worst qb than him starting last year.

No one will sign him though simply put he likes to party too much.

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He is good enough to be a back up qb in league heck he could enough start on some teams as there are some worst qb than him starting last year.

No one will sign him though simply put he likes to party too much.

It will be interesting to see. He has said he's cleaned up that issue. I'm sure teams are doing some serious research but I agree I'm not sure if anyone will believe. That's why I think 3'rd string or practice squad and then you can see for yourself with really nothing to lose.

N

nmate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he'll have to prove his off field issues are over with before a team takes a chance on him.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Finally realizing how much of a gift he has to have the opportunity to play at an NFL level. Maturity and growing up has begun to kick in.

dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're a Clevelander(Like me) You would say HELL NO! He's a Joke on and off the field. He was good in college but doesn't have what it takes to play on the "pro" level

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're a Clevelander(Like me) You would say HELL NO! He's a Joke on and off the field. He was good in college but doesn't have what it takes to play on the "pro" level

He wasn't bad the few games he played. It was the partying / mental stability issue that was his biggest issues. I'm not a Cleveland fan but I will say I love what they are doing right now.

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Finally realizing how much of a gift he has to have the opportunity to play at an NFL level. Maturity and growing up has begun to kick in.

Agreed watching the interviews with him it's a different person but will it last is the question every GM is asking I imagine.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agreed watching the interviews with him it's a different person but will it last is the question every GM is asking I imagine.

Absolutely seems to be a different person in the interview segments I watched also.

T

TDTODDY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He blamed the Browns for not knowing he didn't really care about football the first go round. Same guy, same crap.

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He blamed the Browns for not knowing he didn't really care about football the first go round. Same guy, same crap.

Well if you you read the whole article that's not exactly what was said. He blamed himself in the whole process but did say if Cleveland did their research they would of known I wasn't a guy to go in every day and watch film. The media took pieces of what was said and made it sound horrible.

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But he did say it. Ultimately I think he was trying to be honest and it's really something he shouldn't of said unless directly,asked the question.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he has the talent to play but I think it's kind of like the Tebow situation, no one is going to want to risk signing him if he's just going to be a backup QB at the end of the day. For him it might be too little too late

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he has the talent to play but I think it's kind of like the Tebow situation, no one is going to want to risk signing him if he's just going to be a backup QB at the end of the day. For him it might be too little too late

Yeah that could be it. This spring league he is in will mean a lot for him. Everyone likes a comeback story. Will see what happens

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really hope the Cowboys improve the Defense. They need a lot of work on it. The offense is good but the Defense needs new players, new strategy and much improvement.

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The guy is a complete clown. It looks like he has grown up a little bit since his time out of the league, but I still wouldn't want him on my team. Too much drama and is no where good enough to tolerate having that type of player on your team. I never thought he was that good of a QB coming out of college anyway.

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The guy is a complete clown. It looks like he has grown up a little bit since his time out of the league, but I still wouldn't want him on my team. Too much drama and is no where good enough to tolerate having that type of player on your team. I never thought he was that good of a QB coming out of college anyway.

I tend to agree on being a distraction. I was surprises to read an article today that only ranked him slightly behind to top 4 qb's in this current draft. If that's an accurate rating he will get a shot someplace.

T

t419bone

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
his time has passed. to many good young qb in the league.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
He was never tall enough to be a successful NFL quarterback. Throw in all his other shortcomings and you have a disaster.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He was never tall enough to be a successful NFL quarterback. Throw in all his other shortcomings and you have a disaster.

I disagree about the height, he's not huge, but players his height have found success in the NFL, and he could have also.

The main problem is the other shortcomings that you have mentioned.

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Look at Drew Brese and Russell Wilson. Height isn't everything but it does get measured and makes a difference. I agree his off field antics may be the biggest deterrent. He could be better than most back ups if he can act accordingly.

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
his time has passed. to many good young qb in the league.

I am not sure there are so many good young QB's there is not room for one more. It's a QB starved league. Possibly 4 of the first 5 picks in draft will be a QB with 6 QB's going in the first round if rudolf slips in late round one.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hope he gets signed as a project in the nfl ,id rather have him there than the cfl ,he would look good as a backup to tom brady

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope he gets signed as a project in the nfl ,id rather have him there than the cfl ,he would look good as a backup to tom brady

It would be just like BB to get him as Brady's successor playing at a high level.