Are the Jets trying to lose?

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it a draft pick conspiracy theory? Are the Jets throwing the game late? Or are they really trying to win?

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well they are trash might as well get the first pick

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I doubt however they are throwing games ,coaches like making their money and not being fired and losing like this will get people axed

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think they may just be that bad. Only decent player on the whole team is the running back, god knows Flacco is washed up.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Players seem to be trying, just not enough talent. Trevor Lawrence heading to NY!

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They are terrible. Absolutely terrible football team. They are trading away talent and wins to get the number 1 draft pick next season. Won't be hard since I don't see this team winning more than 2 games this season if they even manage to accomplish that feat.

36yankees

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see the Jets winning maybe one game, they are horrible. I don’t think they are throwing games they just lack the talent to win.

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In their last game against the Patriots they really showed a losing face. Joe Flacco is an excellent QB and I think that as much as the Jets are a decimated team of bad players, with a great QB it was already for them to win 1 game

N

Northnorth123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the giants and jets fans have better stuff to worry about like bread lines and terorists

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think they are trying to lose, but like the cowboys it sure looks like they are trying to lose.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t know if they’re doing it directly, but it sure doesn’t really go for them in the game.

K

Kenorgcom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are trying to win, but they can’t, all they can do is lose.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
They are just really good at playing bad.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The sportscasters here in Boston said that somebody needed to look into the end of that Monday Night game between the Jets and the Patriots, it was so blatant that the Jets allowed the Patriots to score and win the game in the last minute. LOL

I did watch the DVR recording of the game since I feel asleep and missed the ending... but I didn't think it was quite THAT bad of a tank-job, but I definitely remember how adamant those sportscasters were about it the next day. And remember - I'm talking about PATRIOTS sportscasters!!! They never talk like that, so it was definitely noticed, whatever the Jets are doing.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The sportscasters here in Boston said that somebody needed to look into the end of that Monday Night game between the Jets and the Patriots, it was so blatant that the Jets allowed the Patriots to score and win the game in the last minute. LOL

I did watch the DVR recording of the game since I feel asleep and missed the ending... but I didn't think it was quite THAT bad of a tank-job, but I definitely remember how adamant those sportscasters were about it the next day. And remember - I'm talking about PATRIOTS sportscasters!!! They never talk like that, so it was definitely noticed, whatever the Jets are doing.

I thought I saw it as well. Makes me wonder if the coaching staff has an agreement with upper management that they will show what they have worked on for 3 quarters and then tank in the 4th for the draft pick position.

If you have any other ideas for games to add or key let me know.
Of course this is all conspiracy theory but until proven that they can win, I am betting on them doing the same. It opens up some long shot parlays which I have constructed.

I coupled them with Atlanta which is not trying to lose but often blows leads.

I am mixing in a third leg where I expect volatility and the potential of a comeback sometimes boxing the result since I am betting on the core 2 legs and wheeling it with games that have potential for either team to be leading and the other to come back.

Gonna add Washington to come back second half as well when the line comes back up.
Small investment for big return if it plays out.

Attachments

• jets tank par tmp ps.jpg
    jets tank par tmp ps.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 10
  • jets tank par tmp ps1.jpg
    jets tank par tmp ps1.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 10
  • jets tank par tmp ps2.jpg
    jets tank par tmp ps2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
they are just bad they got rid of the best players before this season in anderson and adams and darnold cant stay healthy they have no firepower on offense also last week was the first week they had top 3 wrs who at best they are number wrs on most teams they run out old man gore every week and corners are the problem on d

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a casual fan in the UK, but from what I'm seeing getting 1st pick isn't all it's cracked up to be. A lot of college starts don't make the step up, while some later round picks will go on to be stars (Brady and more recently Russel Wilson, but feel free to correct me - maybe they're exceptions to the rule), plus teams with the worst records are often that way because they don't recruit well or make bad decisions when trading players, so having first pick might simply mean that they make more bad choices.
If anything I'd say the "swiss system" is the biggest reason to want to have the worst record, as it should mean an easier schedule next year

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Jets and Cowboys should start watching the Eagles, when the Eagles try to lose they do it. Some would even say the Eagles are good at losing.

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The Jets and Cowboys should start watching the Eagles, when the Eagles try to lose they do it. Some would even say the Eagles are good at losing.

If that last game against Washington was anything to go by, I can't argue!