Isle of Man TT

B

brianj404

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
RIP Dan Kneen and hope Steve Mercer recovers from yesterdays crash. The guys and girls who ride at the TT are the real deal. If you've not seen it then you really need to watch them race. It's not like track racing at all. It's proper street racing at 200mph or 130mph average over a 37 miles of country and town roads. The programs start from tonight and go on all weekend. Well worth a look even if you not into bike racing

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
RIP Dan Kneen and hope Steve Mercer recovers from yesterdays crash. The guys and girls who ride at the TT are the real deal. If you've not seen it then you really need to watch them race. It's not like track racing at all. It's proper street racing at 200mph or 130mph average over a 37 miles of country and town roads. The programs start from tonight and go on all weekend. Well worth a look even if you not into bike racing

Too many deaths in this race. More than 250 all in all so far... :-/

B

brianj404

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes too many. I think you have to be wired up a little different from the rest of us to be able to do what these guys do but they all say they know the risks before they start and they wouldn't change it. Apart from not having the races there's no way to make it safer and i know the riders don't want that to happen but also nobody wants to see them getting killed.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Racing definitely is not for the weak. I'm afraid I don't know what the 'TT' is, though.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
May they all rest in peace too old myself for that kamikaze driving carry on.R.I.P

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It looks very dangerous so many deaths... Some guys risk it too much.

B

brianj404

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TT is a motor bike race set on a 37 mile road course around the isle of man. It runs through the villages and up over a mountain section. The reason it is so dangerous, apart from the 200 mph speeds is there is no room for mistakes eg. road curbs lampposts and garden walls etc. if you want to see it you can get a taster from youtube. It is on ITV4 in the uk also iITV hub live stream it but i don't know if you can get the latter 2 in canada. Like i said even if your not into bike racing you have to see this to believe it. They have far more bottle than i do but i will be watching wishing that i could be them.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
TT is a motor bike race set on a 37 mile road course around the isle of man. It runs through the villages and up over a mountain section. The reason it is so dangerous, apart from the 200 mph speeds is there is no room for mistakes eg. road curbs lampposts and garden walls etc. if you want to see it you can get a taster from youtube. It is on ITV4 in the uk also iITV hub live stream it but i don't know if you can get the latter 2 in canada. Like i said even if your not into bike racing you have to see this to believe it. They have far more bottle than i do but i will be watching wishing that i could be them.

Peter Hickman lap u tube if want idea guys what it is like:eek:

https://youtu.be/sOZwHD7nrAY

Last edited:
Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Was thinking it was open wheel car racing, which can be tricky and fast, too. But, bikes are a whole different thing. I have watched some of the track racing for motorbikes, on TV and I'll tell ya, that is scary stuff. Can't imagine a road course being any less scary.

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow that sounds extremely dangerous, I do not have the nerves or balls for that

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sounds more the gladiators fighting the lions in the days of the Roman empire.

Perceval

Perceval

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Make this race, it's a bit like the one who will pee the furthest, is not it? :confused:

B

brianj404

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well done to Micheal Dunlop on the superbike win yesterday. Shame about Dean Harrison who put in the fastest every average lap 133.4mph from a standing start before his bike broke down. Looking forward to some more good racing today.

natasha555

natasha555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm very impressionable and even look out of curiosity that this is scary to me, no I will not watch this.

B

brianj404

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sidecar race today. Which is basically one guy sitting over the top of the engine and the other throwing himself from one side to the other to try and keep all 3 wheels on the ground while going as fast as they can.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Sidecar race today. Which is basically one guy sitting over the top of the engine and the other throwing himself from one side to the other to try and keep all 3 wheels on the ground while going as fast as they can.

I would hate to be the guy in the side car.

B

brianj404

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well done to the Birchell brother. Smashed the lap records 3 laps in a row to win the first sidecar race of the week. Can't wait to see what they can do in the next race. 116.5mph average lap time. 19.25 minutes to do 37 miles. Will they get under the magic 19 mins/lap in next race or will John Holden get his completely self built brand new bike dialed in but second place is not bad for it's first time out. I expected he learn't a lot about it today so there's a good chance he might take the top step next race.

B

brianj404

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry misinformation John Holden did come second but it's Dave Molyneux who has built his own bike and he retired from the race so not such a good start for him