emk211

emk211

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
We have many sports played worldwide, we have an Olympics every 4 years, we have golf, soccer, tennis, gymnastics, baseball, etc. WE have countries that go bankrupt hosting these events. They build extravagant structures and then poof, everyone is gone and these places go to waste. Why?

Isn't there a better way and more efficient way to waste money on silly games? Okay, I have been a competitor of some game and a spectator for most of my life, I love to watch, but I hate the waste.

They should take a 500 square mile parcel of land and build a permanent International games venue. Every 4 years they can designate a host country for the Olympics and the motif will be that country, culture and heritage represented.

The facilities would be funded by International dollars and all would be accessible to any country that participates in the funding, but all would be allowed to have teams included under specific guidelines.

This way venues do not go to waste, individual countries would not go broke, proper maintenance and upkeep will continue, athletes would all get equal access to the same equipment and treatments.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
The Olympics are not just a silly games to watch on your coach.Just one country to accommodate them is unfair.The main idea is to celebrate globally in peace the virtues of athleticism .The cost of Olympics it's something that the countries who are interested should know if they can afford them.

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You are right at this.

Almost every country that is hosting Olympic Games is forced to build venues for sports that are completely unknoewn to this country or to the general population. For example the US have basketball as one the most popular sports, but in England basketball is almost unknown.

I agree that Olympic Games need to be hosted in more than one country.

J

Jlo111888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a fan of snooker i follow all competitions all year its my favourite sport :shakehand

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars