How close were you to play a sport professionally?

fan_diaz

fan_diaz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder if there is someone here who almost made it to be a professional sport player.
Have you ever played against a professional sport player?

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Have you ever played against a professional sport player?

Does FIFA games on playstation count? If yes then i do have played against one current player from our national team ... ;)

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always wanted to be a professional basketball player. I was really good but I wasn't close to ever playing pro ball. I didn't get along with my high school basketball coach. I ended up quitting the team and my career was over. When you are young sometimes you think you are better than you actually are. I could should the lights out and score a ton of points but I wasn't really athletic enough to ever have a chance. And I practiced everyday since I was 5 yrs old until it was dark outside. It's all I cared about.

N

Nomahoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playin with myself? I hit a triple off clark gilles once.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I went to school with some kids that went on to college and played sports, but I am from a small town and its rare for a kid to make it that far from a small town. Not impossible but rare. If I knew as a kid what I know now as a adult, I would have at bare minimum been out kicking footballs through uprights 6 hours a day everyday throughout my childhood. Even FG kickers make millions today. I was not really built to be a pro anything other than maybe a kicker.

fenoz

fenoz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most sports are harmful to health and life. He was engaged in a lot of things, one of the injuries crossed out a lot .. Now muscle support in tone is gymnastics. In a healthy body healthy mind.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not close however, my sports dream if I would become pro is basketball.

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 years playing table tennis. But I could not become a professional

Redbull199030

Redbull199030

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
practiced and dreamed of playing professionally in football, but failed

N

Nomahoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played on our company hockey team for 1 game. We had 2 former nhl ers. The other team had a brother of a former nhl er. The other team actually had a guy who is now a father of an nhl er.

1 game because I had no place to be playing with that calibre of players. As good as the best guy who did not play pro was, they werent even close to the lvl of an actual former pro.Theres a huge difference from a guy who made it to jr a or b , university etc to guys who made it to the bigs. In hockey atleast.

D

ddsnoops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played Soccer at a high level here in canada and was invited to try out for the u16 national team many years ago, Thought I was good till we took a U18 team to germany and got our asses handed to us playing against U15 local teams not even the top level squads. That was an eye opener for sure. I realized then I was not even close to ever becoming a pro level player. When I got back home I focused on getting better grades - The soccer dream was over

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
unfortunately only in dreams. but as a child, football was the main hobby.