Horse handicapping

J

jonnyrose

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Are there any fellow horse handicappers in here? I am a Southern California resident and frequent del mar. I have the west coast tracks pretty well understood as far as jockeys and trainers go bit it's time to expand my horizon. What is your favorite track and jockey? If there's enough if a following here maybe a thread is in the near future for advice and picks. Have a wonderful day
-John

Forgot to put my favorite. It's a tie between Santa Anita and del mar. I love them both for different reasons. Favorite jockey is Tyler Baze, I like his style

Last edited by a moderator:
okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I bet horses and use pedigrees as my main source.You will find plenty on line breeding on the net.

kidmeister

kidmeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this side of the pond the horse racing is a little harder to pick the winner? We had a horse yesterday that won at 33/1 odds. So it's alittle bit more than the form horse when you get outsiders winning nearly every day. I know greyhound racing is fixed so can only assume horse racing is too, end of the day you don't see many trainers who are broke? Sure there's some discussion behind the scenes as to who'll win

enolan

enolan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Horse racing is pretty much on my agenda every Saturday. I don't go the track much since I think it hurts my ROI (I'm in the UK).
By that I mean, you get better odds online (generally), early prices are important (in some races). Also, when at the track I'm betting on some races that I would probably avoid normally.

So when I do go the track it's for the fun of it, a few drinks, a few bets and try to lose as little as possible.

Favorite track, Tokyo Racecourse, only been once and not likely to go again.

I occasionally try to get an interest in the US racing, particularly the Breeders Cup which is often at Santa Anita (but not this year 30-Oct Keeneland). I hope this thread is still going then and I can get some US perspective.

York (UK) racing mid-next next week. Golden Horn (8/11) v Gleneagles (7/2). I've not decided yet.

enolan

enolan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just thought I'd update for anyone interested: The Juddmonte today at York didn't go as expected.
First Gleneagles was withdrawn because the ground was too soft (it was Good to Soft, so this was a bit of a surprise).
Then a 100/1 shot (Dick DoughtyWhylie) took the initiative and about an 8 length (or more) lead from the start.
When Golden Horn pushed the button it looked like a standard "talent shows" in the final 1 to 2 furlongs.
But then Arabian Queen (50\1) has some gas in the tank and took 1st by a neck.
All very wierd and I think Gleneagles could have made diffenece to this race.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I bet horses and use pedigrees as my main source.You will find plenty on line breeding on the net.

Playful goes by the height of the horse and it seems to work for me lol:D

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands