For the golfers? Handicap improvement year on year, And story.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Share the glory or the downswingšŸ‘

1990 I started on 12 and my best was 3.4, I quit for 10 years and restarted on 10 and got to six. My game and mind never improved so gave up again.

Late 2015 I decided to give it one last go, and again started at 12, year one I played 23 comps and got to 8.1.

I moved clubs and to a different membership that offered my more flexibility to plays away day opens over being a one course pony šŸ˜€

I gained .2 and started the season badly moving to 8.6 and after many sessions with headspace I got my mind right and last few comps its clicked again and down to 6.0

End of season review via GolfShake and intelligent golf stats I can shave off 3-4 shots so 2018 could be the best year ever.

Share your golfing history, can you improve ?

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love to play golf, but don't get to play often. Usually shoot in the low-mid 80's. I don't practice, just play with friends. I'm a long hitter with good ball striking with my irons, but I can use some improvement in my short game. Putting/chipping is usually my achilles heel if I'm not playing well.

I know I have the game to get into the 70's, but to do that I'll have to work on my weaknesses and fine tune my game from practice. My best score is an 81, and I'd love to break 80 next year, even if it's on a shorter course.

I have no idea what my handicap is...is it worth getting one? Sounds like you got some game, if you have any advice, I'd like to hear it.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love to play golf, but don't get to play often. Usually shoot in the low-mid 80's. I don't practice, just play with friends. I'm a long hitter with good ball striking with my irons, but I can use some improvement in my short game. Putting/chipping is usually my achilles heel if I'm not playing well.

I know I have the game to get into the 70's, but to do that I'll have to work on my weaknesses and fine tune my game from practice. My best score is an 81, and I'd love to break 80 next year, even if it's on a shorter course.

I have no idea what my handicap is...is it worth getting one? Sounds like you got some game, if you have any advice, I'd like to hear it.

Cdub where you from? Handicap is what they use in England etc a lot like the US index system lower your value the better you are šŸ‘

5.8 after this week with some new goals for 2018

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands