Golf

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played golf once in my life not counting miniature golf. I wasn't very good but it was a memorable experience. The best shot I had all day was right down the middle of the fairway. Then a big ass German Sheppard came charging out of the woods, picked up my ball and took off. Needless to say I did not get my ball back. I wonder how many balls that dog has collected in his lifetime.

36yankees

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Golf is enjoyable and frustrating at the same time. It’s nice having a great shot or round but the next round can be bad with very few good shots, but I enjoy the fresh air and exercise

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You were correct not to count miniature golf. By the way, hope you added a stroke for the lost ball. "A dog stole my ball" works about as well as, "My dog ate my homework" did back in school. :)

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love driving..... cars and golf balls...... my short game can go and take a running jump though :D

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You were correct not to count miniature golf. By the way, hope you added a stroke for the lost ball. "A dog stole my ball" works about as well as, "My dog ate my homework" did back in school. :)

Actually Ron, if an animal steals your ball after it has stopped moving, then you can actually replace it for free. The more you know... :)

If it is known or virtually certain that an outside influence (including another player in stroke play or another ball) lifted or moved a player’s ball:
    • There is no penalty, and
    • The ball must be replaced on its original spot (which if not known must be estimated) (see Rule 14.2)

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played golf once in my life not counting miniature golf. I wasn't very good but it was a memorable experience. The best shot I had all day was right down the middle of the fairway. Then a big ass German Sheppard came charging out of the woods, picked up my ball and took off. Needless to say I did not get my ball back. I wonder how many balls that dog has collected in his lifetime.
Haha, it would be genius for a crooked club owner to train a dog to do this then turn around and sell the balls back to somebody else.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's a very beautiful story that made me laugh a lot. for my part I only play miniature golf and I always enjoy this game. I hope that one day. I could play golf for real.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Actually Ron, if an animal steals your ball after it has stopped moving, then you can actually replace it for free. The more you know... :)

If it is known or virtually certain that an outside influence (including another player in stroke play or another ball) lifted or moved a player’s ball:
    • The ball must be replaced on its original spot (which if not known must be estimated) (see Rule 14.2)

The people I played with, a Polar Bear could have strolled onto the course picked up my ball, roared defiantly at us & strolled off & none of them would have acknowledged seeing a thing. Sorry dude, better slow down with the tall boys, penalty. :D

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The people I played with, a Polar Bear could have strolled onto the course picked up my ball, roared defiantly at us & strolled off & none of them would have acknowledged seeing a thing. Sorry dude, better slow down with the tall boys, penalty. :D

Sounds like you need better golfing buddies ;)

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sounds like you need better golfing buddies ;)

Beer was cold, the stakes were next to nothing, the b.s was friendly & golf related & we all played to win, but never lied about our score. Good hobby & last polar bear spotted in Kansas was in a zoo. :icon_thum

N

Nomahoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Ive seen coyotes do that too. Hilarious.

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Golf is a way of life. As it is in life, golf is played. You learn rules, you learn to be a gentleman, not to take advantage ... Later, the game can come and go, but the important thing is to play it ... Almost like poker.

I have been playing golf for more than 10 years. It is incredible the amount of friends and anecdotes that I have won ... The best investment of my life was learning to play golf :D:D:D

In my country, argentina, today is the day of the golfer, for the birth of Roberto De Vicenzo, who was the winner of the Open in the 1960s. He was the first Argentine to win a major. Happy Day to all golfers !!:)

De Vicenzo is also recognized for his sporty chivalry ... He won the Augusta Master card, but his partner badly added the blows. De Vicenzo recognized his mistake as a gentleman, but he was left without the green jacket ...:(

Last edited by a moderator:
W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
someone won over million betting on colin this week crazy i made some money on him

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is said that to have good friends, you must first know how to be. It is a game of reciprocity, of deliveries, a round trip of affections where the balance arises by itself.
Golf, due to its characteristics, generates long-lasting friendships. Sharing two or three hours of play makes us get to know each other even more than living together at work or sharing a profession. Not in vain it is said that to know a person, it is enough to play a round of golf with her.
Golf is one of those sports that bring out the best and worst in each one. And we are not talking about cheating but about your ability to overcome difficult situations caused by the same game, keeping calm, admitting with humble attitudes your ability to recognize your own limitations. From this also arises a sincereness that is appreciated by all and hardly anyone who shows that attitude, is alone to play since he will always find a place in a line or his space in team play and from there to lasting friendships, a single step. Links that arise from respect for the Rules of the game where Ethics, Honesty and Solidarity prevail, essential bases for good coexistence.
Maestro DeVicenzo used to say: "Friendships in Golf are forever ..." and all this justifies it ...
For these simple reasons I wish you a Happy Friend's Day !!! We hope to meet and enjoy the Game and sport as an excuse to share a few days with FRIENDS

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today it is finally not cold and I can play golf without the cold wind hitting my face. With this of the covid-19 we have been almost unable to play since March, but little by little we are returning. Getting frustrated again but also having fun. If you can play today, have a beautiful day of golf !!! Regards!

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone dare to anticipate who will win the only major of the year that is being played this weekend? My favorite option is Rory, despite yesterday's triple bogey ... but I also like Tiger, although he should have better putter[/COLOR]

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations to Collin Morikawa on his great victory in the PGA Championship, who showed that the little ones also have a lot in front of the 360-yard tanks! Impeccable game and a great professional with only 23 years.:driver::driver:

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

This literally made me laugh; the German Shepard caught me off guard lol. Actually sounds kind of cute - the dog probably just wanted to play.

I've been a golf rules official for about 6 or 7 years now and I was just about to mention this rule too. Yeah, there is no penalty if you watched a German Shepard run off with your golf ball xD

I have been playing golf for more than 10 years. It is incredible the amount of friends and anecdotes that I have won ... The best investment of my life was learning to play golf :D:D:D

+1 I have played golf for over 20 years and played it really competitively for over 10; I can agree with this. Golf gives lots of opportunities and friendships along the way. :)

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played 9 holes last weekend and it didn't go too badly. On the first hole my husband gave me a tip that I was standing too close to the ball...AFTER I hit it! I whacked him over the side of the head and didn't receive any more tips the rest of the way.

direktor_vozduha

direktor_vozduha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always wanted to play Golf. Unfortunately, I don't have the option yet. I watch it on TV sometimes

O

Oxinthewater

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a wonderful sport which allows you to enjoy sport and appreciate nature as you're doing so.

It has a very steep learning curve and this is off putting to many beginners, but it can be learned at any age.

I'm probably an average golfer - my typical rounds range from mid 80's to early 90's with occasional rounds outside that range.