smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Zion Williamson a 285 pound freshman at Duke is the future of basketball. How does someone that weighs 285 dunk from the freethrow line? I watched a bunch of videos a couple years ago of this kid in high school and knew he was going to be a future star. The future is almost here, can't wait. :)

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Future of Basketball..

285, dunk from ft line, that's nice, but what has he done vs live competition at the highest level? Even though Shaq was dominating, he didn't win big until he was surrounded by hall of famer Kobe and complimentary teammates

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
285, dunk from ft line, that's nice, but what has he done vs live competition at the highest level? Even though Shaq was dominating, he didn't win big until he was surrounded by hall of famer Kobe and complimentary teammates
This kid is just out of high school but was pretty dominate there, great ball handling, shooting, defense pretty much total package. He is 6'6 now don't know if he is still growing he is only 18. I think he is gonna be great.

Last edited:
jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks impressive, but who knows how he will transition yet.

N

NoETdrizzle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People who have been following basketball know that Zion isn't even the best player on his college team. His teammate R J barrett dropped 40 on the USA U18 team which had all the top ranked incoming freshman and he basically single handedly beat them by himself to bring canada the championship. If the NBA draft happened today RJ Barrett is the #1 pick 10/10 times

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
People who have been following basketball know that Zion isn't even the best player on his college team. His teammate R J barrett dropped 40 on the USA U18 team which had all the top ranked incoming freshman and he basically single handedly beat them by himself to bring Canada the championship. If the NBA draft happened today RJ Barrett is the #1 pick 10/10 times
Whatever you say bro, we'll see won't we?

If the NBA draft happened today RJ Barrett is the #1 pick 10/10 times
LOL, What?

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kobe cost him a ring if you recall....

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kind of reminds me of Blake griffen. I agree with the translation bit above. In high school you can have a huge vertical, and a big frame and stick way out, less so in college, and even less at nba level. He could easily be nothing on a duke team that's annually loaded, or he could be amazing. No way to know without seeing how he transitions to college. Not being the center of attention could throw him off, mental is a big part of it. Way too early to expect anything great from him, but I'm interested in watching.

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basketball is so boring,it puts me to sleep every single time. If I want to see grown men dribbling, then I'll visit the local nursing home.

N

NoETdrizzle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whatever you say bro, we'll see won't we?

LOL, What?

IDK why you don't take it serious when RJ did better than Zion on the Duke Canada tour haha. Without a consistent jumper the transition to the NBA will be much harder for Zion than RJ who could play in the NBA right now

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Zion seems good but to be great, you have to prove it in the NBA against the best competition.

I’ll look forward to watching him at Duke though. Don’t really like watching college basketball but just try to find the top players and watch them.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read that he has a 40 inch vertical jump!! Bonkers! At 285 lbs,,,the knees just can't withstand the pounding.My guess is he'll have a short career,,,dominant,but short.

crimsonblur

crimsonblur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zion will probably be pretty good but he will need to improve significantly if he wants to have a career similar to Lebrons. So many players come into the nba as huge prospects and just don’t pan out so we will have to wait and see.

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First 3 years as a Pro will be key for those guys.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
IDK why you don't take it serious when RJ did better than Zion on the Duke Canada tour haha. Without a consistent jumper the transition to the NBA will be much harder for Zion than RJ who could play in the NBA right now
Okay I watched every game all year. R.J. Barrett is a ball hog, bad free throw shooter and not even close to the player Zion Williamson is. Duke would have been better off without R.J. Barrett. Zion will be the number 1 NBA pick and pick 2 will not be R.J. Barrett.

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Zion will go number one but don't think he will last long if doesn't slow down. Every body in the nba are good and physical he will get hurt.

D

Das4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he is good player but still need to work a lot if he want to become superstar one day.

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is hype about players every year. But there are so many factors that may come into play. Factors like injuries, teammates and contract disputes . Williamson will be exciting to watch. We shall see