Greg0201

Greg0201

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Anyone play Fantasy sports or like fantasy sports? like draftkings,fanduel stuff like that?

I myself love it anything to do with gambling i just really enjoy hahah

:p

rflbarreto

rflbarreto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually I´ve never heard about it man .....

Greg0201

Greg0201

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Actually I´ve never heard about it man .....

oh wow the two places i named always have commercials and heck fantasy sports it self has been around a while now i just think its starting to pick up like more people are getting in two it now days..

rifflemao

rifflemao

Pugs Not Drugs
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I plan on opening a DraftKings account, but I have no clue what I'm doing. Not really a huge sports guy, but I'm willing to learn fantasy football just to gamble. :)

Greg0201

Greg0201

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I plan on opening a DraftKings account, but I have no clue what I'm doing. Not really a huge sports guy, but I'm willing to learn fantasy football just to gamble. :)

yea they got a lot sports like baseball MMA basketball football a lot of other sports too soccer college football just a lot of sports haha

so if you like sports and gambling then yea fantasy sports is a great way to do both .

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
draftkings supply some free enter contests.
if someone has interesting at fantasy sport and contest may practice at draftkings.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Draft Kings has some nice promotions, but be careful how you sign up. I ended up with the 'default' promo and missed entering my signup code.

thesoxwin

thesoxwin

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been doing Draftday for the last few years. I normally win enough in hockey to take me through the baseball and football losses.

I have tried most of the other sites, and this one just seems easier to win at. I don't really know why. There are less people there, so maybe just a numbers game.

Invite code...if you deposit $25 using the code we both get a $15 entry:
draftday.com/invite/hen_pecker

johnmenard1

johnmenard1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't tried them yet, Have you had any success on those sites at all? lmk

BiliousBetil

BiliousBetil

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Sounds a bit like poker during the boom, doesn't it. I suspect fantasy sports with have the same kind of arc, with a big crest and then a fall off as the average person realizes how hard it is to win. However, with the enduring popularity of professional sports and the current positive legal status* the decline will not be as steep as with poker.

*note that there is discussion of future regulation in California.

Cheers!

mariel619

mariel619

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fantasy sports is a major gamble week by week, hell even seasons.
at least with a season and a small entry fee and you work for
your win and bragging rights against other people.
overall its a hugs risk and huge reward but hey you never know what
any given person will get hurt or etc.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been taking it more seriously this year. Last year I just fired GPP's without any real thought.

I have a thread for it where we discuss strategy, picks, weekly recap, etc. The link is in my signature below. Would love to get more people in it!

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wont be playing the fantasy football this year cause Playful didnt do her homework and the scouting reports on teams BooHoo:(

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone play Fantasy sports or like fantasy sports? like draftkings,fanduel stuff like that?

I myself love it anything to do with gambling i just really enjoy hahah

:p

If Playful had her choice Draftkings would be the way to go:D

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel like maybe I should just leave this here...

https://youtu.be/zq59PjbtOdg

Long story short: daily fantasy sports is almost certainly -EV if you're a normal person.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I just cheer for my team, I like playing pools but I don't have an inclination to dedicate the time in research on players and statistics that it would take to have any chance of success at any of the DFS sites.

mariel619

mariel619

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whats the lowest levels of pay to play on draft kings etc?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can't be any more -EV than poker. Basically the same concept/game.

So full disclaimer: I don't play DFS, because I live in a country where we're allowed to gamble properly on sports, without the pretense or loopholes of having pretending it's something else.

But what the video is saying (and it matches what I've been reading from a variety of other credible sources too) is that it's difficult, if not impossible, for the "ordinary" player to win on a consistent basis in DFS because you're up against players who use advanced computer simulations to choose ideal lineups, and then use automation software to enter those lineups in hundreds of games per day.

I think the poker analogy would be it's basically like playing against bots, but the bots are actually good at the game.

If any of that is incorrect, I'd love to hear how...

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think people just get intimidated by the word "algorithm." Everybody has access to the same information; the better players just know how to use it. There aren't magical simulators that predict deep sleepers. If you look at the winning lineup of the Millionaire Maker every week you'll rarely be shocked at who is in it.

You barely need a poker analogy because it's essentially the same game. All DFS and all poker players have access to the info they need to win, but only a small percentage put the time and effort into learning how to use it.

An "ordinary" DFS player isn't going to win, just like an "ordinary" poker player isn't going to win.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars