Fantasy Football Question

ckingriches

ckingriches

Lucky Multiple League MVP
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looking for advice here. Everyone says the same thing about this week's matchup - don't expect much from Odell Beckham this Sunday, but you really can't sit someone of his ability. The problem is that he's facing the Carolina Panthers and "shut-down cornerback" Josh Norman, who has defended the league's top receivers this season to the point one might call them unrosterable.

So it's real easy for the experts to suggest that you can't really consider leaving him on your bench during the fantasy playoffs. But my roster also has Doug Baldwin, Michael Floyd, and Danny Amendola that I could use instead. Each of those receivers have what look to be good match ups.

So do I stick with the guy who got me to the playoffs, or do I take a chance with a couple of other solid choices in the hopes of avoiding a goose egg from Odell? Note also that my opponent is tentatively planning to start Odell's QB, Eli Manning - but I wouldn't be surprised if he switches him out at the last minute for a waiver pickup with a better match up.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally id go with the hot hand and noone is rolling more then Baldwin ,Seattle has it working and lots of it is him.

ckingriches

ckingriches

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the moment I have both Baldwin and Beckham in my starting lineup. Maybe I should have posed the question differently.

Should I play Michael Floyd against a horrendous Eagle pass defense or Danny Amendola against a mediocre Titan pass defense instead of Odell?

Note that we do not get any points per reception.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Baldwin seems your best choice. Cleveland has given up 7th most points to receivers in the NFL. The Seattle Seahawks also lost their running back Rawls last week. Expect Wilson to throw quite a bit!

Beckham will see action in slot to provide more opportunities for receptions. Carolina has given up 7th fewest yards in NFL.

Amendola goes up against a defense which gave up 263 yards and 3 TD's last week. Pretty good match up here.

Floyd has 2 str8 100 yd receiving games and 1 TD.

Hope this info helps! Good luck!

ckingriches

ckingriches

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did finally end up sticking with Odell, and it worked out okay. It wasn't a terrific game for him, as he dropped a long TD pass early in the game and decided to go "postal" enough to get himself suspended for the upcoming week's game.

My team was down 35 points with just one player to go on Sunday night. Luckily that player was David Johnson, who got about 40 with 220 or so combined yards and 3 TDs. Can't get much luckier than that, but I'm happy to have made it to our Fantasy championship matchup this week.

E

emirlidan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nice work I would have done the samething you did

a little luck is nice I only won this week because the lions kicker missed that last field goal lol

ckickenking

ckickenking

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Weird, I was up by like 35 points, but David Johnson did me in. Maybe that was you? Nah, what r the odds of that. Lol. Well 3 out of 4 fantasy championship ain't bad.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That one run by Johnson was amazing.

UNI probably wants him back :p