A's Fan

counts24

counts24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are there any other A's fans out there? It's time to get together and start rooting on out team...

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Since I read Moneyball I've taken an interest.The As were doing so well today then Texas gave them a kicking.Thought they were going to make the post- season but hell it looks doubtful now dude.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Giants fan here :wavey:

It all went the wrong way so quickly :( Cespedes went, pitching improved, but results changed for the worse. Any reason?, the team looked solid before :confused:

counts24

counts24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cespededes

Giants fan here :wavey:

It all went the wrong way so quickly :( Cespedes went, pitching improved, but results changed for the worse. Any reason?, the team looked solid before :confused:
Cespedes was my favorite from the day the signed him and I wasn't alone, I think all the guys on the team loved hime too. His arm out in left and his bat and his speed. They went Detroit got swept and Billy panicked. He didn't want to lose to Detroit in the playoffs because of pitching... It wont be because of pitching.... That and the Angels are great... They will still go as a wild card I hope

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
they are choking they will get knocked out in the first round

counts24

counts24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't count them out yet. Look at the past and you will see that the A's are clearly at there best down the stretch year in and year out. The Tigers have had their number though and you are probably right about losing in the first round and even if the advance and end out playing the Angels they will be done. I thinkd it's going to be an all L.A. world series.. Just because I am an A's fan doesn't mean I am blind to the rediculous amount of talent on those two teams, it's almost not fair.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Cespedes OBP was only 333 and Billy expects better from his big bats.Cespedes also only earned one walk.
I respect Billy's judgement. It has come through so many times before.
Go the A's.:D

counts24

counts24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I respect him too.

Cespedes OBP was only 333 and Billy expects better from his big bats.Cespedes also only earned one walk.
I respect Billy's judgement. It has come through so many times before.
Go the A's.:D
I agree completely with everything you've said and for Billy it was about winning the World Series and even Verlander came out the day of the trade and said he doesn't want to lose to us again. I just saw Cesppedes as being a big part of the chemistry. The reality is that they could be in an even tougher spot than they are now without the trade. They were playing and winning beyond their talentt and the Angels were doing the oposite. Reality finaly showed up. I still am not giving up, as I stated they are the best team down the stretch in baseball over the last five years and I expect nothing less this year.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
We are almost there again dude.Go the As!

counts24

counts24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Wild Card is going to be close... I can see it coming down to the last inning of the last game ....Lets go Oakland................

counts24

counts24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have got to love Moss, I was just starting to worry that the season might be over and Moss crushes his second homer of the game and all is good for A's fans..

counts24

counts24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bottom of the 9th and the A's have let the Royals back into the game.. Runner on 2nd with one out, and the A's lead by a run and I hae decided to turn the game off... It is too much stess too handle, I can't watch the A's blow it, I will check again in 15 minutes...

counts24

counts24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Noooooooooooo

Absolute torture! That's all from me until next seson..

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Course it helps that I am a Royals fan, but what an. Effin game.

J

jj20002

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i´m rooting for the tigers to win the ws (best pitching) but yesterday´s was a wonderful game

i saw it from the eighth and it was very exciting, very sad to see A`s leave after all the effort they did

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
The Royals are off to a good start winning away against the Angels in another long game.The A's may have lost to a very good team

123andyp123

123andyp123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey at least you guys arent Braves fans.I am and it was a tough season.We started out fairly well but boy we went downhill ! Dont know how old you are counts but i remember the series when the Giants and A"s were playing and the big earthquake hit.I was an A"s fan back then we had Mark McGwire and Jose Canseco it was an exciting time for the A's.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Blue Jays fan here, and now the holders of the longest active post-season drought. It goes to show you that big payrolls mean nothing. Look at the A's and Royals - more modest payrolls and the A's have been contenders for a playoff spot pretty consistently, though they haven't had much postseason success, and now the Royals just one win away from the League Championship Series.

I was saying to a buddy of mine that a great World Series matchup would have been the Royals vs. the Pirates, though that would probably be a ratings disaster for the big networks. I say that with no disrepsect meant to fans of either team, but the bigger markets do drive ratings. Well, half of my prediction can still come true.

Of course, the irony with my prediction is that back in 1985, the Royals came back from a 3-1 series defecit in the LCS to beat the Jays and I was very upset by that. (Side story - I was in Cooperstown in 2011 for the Hall of Fame induction ceremony for Bert Blyleven, Pat Gillick and Roberto Alomar and I met another former Blue Jay great, Jesse Barfield at one of the shops, which was a big thrill for me because he was one of my favourites as a young kid. We talked baseball for a few minutes and he said to me that that series loss still stings for him a little bit.)

If you're a baseball fan, going to Cooperstown is an absolute MUST. It's a beautiful small town and is just oozing with baseball history.

I don't really have any teams that I root for/against right now left in the post-season but it would be great to see a different team winning the World Series (the aforementioned Royals, or how about Washington? It's been 30+ years since Detroit and Baltimore have won, the Dodgers haven't won since 1988).

My favourite time of the year for sure!!!