The exercise of the mind in Chess applied in Poker

cese1962

cese1962

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The exercise of the mind in Chess applied in Poker

I recommend all poker players, from beginners to the most experienced, to practice this excellent exercise of the mind which is Chess.
I have learned and practiced this sport of the mind for over 40 years.
In a few years that I knew Poker, Chess helps me a lot, especially when I feel little concentration.
I just need to play a few games of Chess online and my focus and concentration improves a lot.
I recommend everyone to look for the FIDE - International Chess Federation website and register. There are free levels.

It would also be very important as a suggestion, CardsChat itself to open more spaces for Chess.
This would also encourage Poker Rooms to include Chess as well by linking their players to participate in both (Poker and Chess).

Rosxana13

Rosxana13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what a good idea I'm a fan of chess myself I think that the way of thinking in chess is really helpful for a poker player in the matter that you must have a plan for the entire hand like strategy you planned kind like in chess you plan your moves also I think that lot of good poker player have history of being previous chess players

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know how to play chess, although I tried to learn it once. However, I believe that you are absolutely right. Chess is a game of the mind. You think a few moves ahead to beat your opponent.

frazzle1991

frazzle1991

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
im a fan of chess, used to play in highschool for the school

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played a lot of chess when I was in college. I'm going to try what you say to see how it goes. Thanks

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.What can I say? Totally agree with you !I´ve played chess many years ago and it is a great exercise for your mind.Great suggestion as well.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It helps a lot, mainly in the mentality, which is the most important thing in poker, too. Both chess and poker have many similarities. In both things, the concentration and taking the right decision are the way of the success.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have played chess before. Not the best game for me only because my queen and king get squashed. I do believe it is a good game to practice planning, thinking ahead and anticipating your opponents moves.

BenImortal

BenImortal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I learned Chess some years ago but because of Pandemic, I started to play it once again. It has been great,. One great site to play it is chess.com.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you don't study Chess & study your games just as in Poker you'll stop playing when you keep losing & with no Chess there's no rabbit in the hat it's NO VASELINE :)

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Chess is great, and can make you mentally stronger in competition.

Check out The Queen's Gambit miniseries to get a taste of the lifestyle.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recommend everyone to look for the FIDE - International Chess Federation website and register. There are free levels.
Thank you for the recommendation. I'm going to check out this website right now! :)