Europa League

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was wondering if you guys watch the Europa League? If you have a favorite team in the competition, what do you think about the competition? Despite being a second competition, I like to watch the games because they have good teams like Milan, Napoli, Roma, Arsenal, Villareal, Tottenhan and Feyenoord.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was wondering if you guys watch the Europa League? If you have a favorite team in the competition, what do you think about the competition? Despite being a second competition, I like to watch the games because they have good teams like Milan, Napoli, Roma, Arsenal, Villareal, Tottenhan and Feyenoord.

I like to watch sometimes more than Champions League, because there are a lot of matches there and very unpredictable results. Also, this is a chance for the smaller clubs to gain some European experience and some pride. The only one thing that I don't like is when some big club did not play on 100% in that tournament after it did not make it to the Champions League. But sometimes in the eliminations, the matches are more interesting and dramatic than Champions League.

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to watch sometimes more than the Champions League, because there are a lot of games there and very unpredictable results. In addition, this is a chance for smaller clubs to gain some European experience and some pride. The only thing I don't like is when some big club didn't play 100% in that tournament after they didn't make it to the Champions League. But sometimes in eliminations, matches are more interesting and dramatic than the Champions League.

It is true that when a great team stops playing at full strength it also bothers me.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is true that when a great team stops playing at full strength it also bothers me.

Yes and that is really strange for me, because in my opinion Europa league is a prestigious tournament. This is the second European tournament. Many people consider Champions League as one of the greatest tournaments ever. Why don't you play serious in the second best European tournament. At least, show respect to the other team you are playing, especially against smaller clubs from Balkans and teams from Eastern Europe, which are waiting for this matches for ages and want to play against bigger teams and you did not play with your best.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am a Spurs fan, so I am watching this year. It's nice to see some teams I normally don't watch. However, there are so many games that I think they are diluting the product.

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes and that is really strange for me, because in my opinion Europa league is a prestigious tournament. This is the second European tournament. Many people consider Champions League as one of the greatest tournaments ever. Why don't you play serious in the second best European tournament. At least, show respect to the other team you are playing, especially against smaller clubs from Balkans and teams from Eastern Europe, which are waiting for this matches for ages and want to play against bigger teams and you did not play with your best.
starting next season, a new UEFA Conference League tournament will appear. at the same time, in the Europa League the number of groups will be reduced from 12 to 8, respectively, the number of teams in the group stage will be 32. in general, the prestige of the Europa League will increase significantly, and I think the level too.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips

I'm pretty sure that these smaller clubs actually would like it if their opponent doesn't take game too seriously cause that way their chances of eventually getting something are probably even better and afterwards should this small team eliminate their opponents they probably don't care at all if more famous opponent didn't take match seriously lol ...

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm pretty sure that these smaller clubs actually would like it if their opponent doesn't take game too seriously cause that way their chances of eventually getting something are probably even better and afterwards should this small team eliminate their opponents they probably don't care at all if more famous opponent didn't take match seriously lol ...

Sometimes yes, but sometimes no. I am from that kind of country and can confirm that our clubs when they play in Europa League prefer to meet more big clubs than smaller/weak clubs, because the atmosphere in that kind of matches when they are hosts is brutal.

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes yes, but sometimes not. I am from that kind of country and I can confirm that our clubs when playing in the Europa League prefer to face more big clubs than smaller / weak clubs, because the atmosphere in this type of game when they are hosts is brutal.

It is true that the stadiums are full and the crowd goes crazy, I remember watching a game between Ludogoretz and Real Madrid in the Champions League at Ludogoretz's house, on television the excitement of the fans was already something incredible, I imagine for the fans that are at the stadium. These games of smaller teams against European giants are always interesting, as they are theoretically unbalanced, but when the ball rolls the weaker team struggles to win.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to watch all kinds of football.
By the way, there are also a couple of particularly strong good teams in the Europa League.
The point is to have good matches and lots of goals.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Sometimes yes, but sometimes no. I am from that kind of country and can confirm that our clubs when they play in Europa League prefer to meet more big clubs than smaller/weak clubs, because the atmosphere in that kind of matches when they are hosts is brutal.

I believe it was 2-3 seasons ago when West Ham had to start from EL 1st qualifying round thanks to somekind of fair play or whatever it was ... Back then i visited some teams from Malta or whoever they were and i doubt that they took this games too seriously cause they eventually lost to some pub team (maybe even on penalties) and during the proccess in that short european season they also took couple red cards (on purpose) so they wouldnt need to start this early ever again lol ...

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Whad do you think about CFR Cluj guys ? Did anyone see them playing ?

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
my teams are: Barcelona, paris Saint germain, Bayern, Chelsea, Liverpool, Porto!

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whad do you think about CFR Cluj guys ? Did anyone see them playing ?

They played against a club representing my country in the first round and I was very disappointed from what I saw from them in that match, because I have watched them in previous European years and were more solid than now. They played very bad in the first half against CSKA Sofia and took for what they were in Bulgaria in the second with 2 individual huge mistakes from CSKA Sofia players. Will see how will they play in the next matches.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
They played against a club representing my country in the first round and I was very disappointed from what I saw from them in that match, because I have watched them in previous European years and were more solid than now. They played very bad in the first half against CSKA Sofia and took for what they were in Bulgaria in the second with 2 individual huge mistakes from CSKA Sofia players. Will see how will they play in the next matches.

You're right. Now after I saw second round results, I think all 4 teams have changes to qualify in the elimination round.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're right. Now after I saw second round results, I think all 4 teams have changes to qualify in the elimination round.

CSKA does not have chance, it is only mathematically. Pretty much I know the philosophy of the Bulgarian club football. On the other hand, CSKA did not set any target in this group, the main plan was this team to reach the playoff round and if he could do a miracle against Basel, it will be fantastic. That happened and every point now in this group is a good bonus for the club. Also the money in the bank of the club from the participation until now will be very good for the team standard as the club last appearance in the group stage of Europa league was in 2010.

Julthefreak

Julthefreak

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always watch streams or watch TV while playing poker. Above all, sport and actually join in the excitement for every German team.

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great matches for the Europa League today, Lille v Ajax, Milan v Estrela Vemelha, Manchester v Real Sociedad, Benfica v Arsenal are some of those games.

B

Bober

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today Dynamo Kyiv is my favorite in the game against Brugge

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watch the match Krasnodar Zagreb, and I am surprised at how low the level of Russian football. I am in shock.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I watched Manchester United win away against Real Sociedad (0-4). Another Bruno Fernandes show. When he signed with Man. Utd. I thought he would play well, but I didn't think that he would stand out so much.

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bruno Fernandes really played very well, at the time I found a weak contract, but he has proved to be a fundamental player for Maanchester.

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watched Milan and Estrela Vermelha and it was a great game.

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tottenham

Tottenham will win the Europa League