Do you think any NFL team will have perfect season?

P

PokerSki

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you think any NFL team will have perfect season this year?

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
If by perfect you mean 16-0 then nope. The teams at the top are tightly bunched I can make a case for almost half the teams being super bowl contenders. Man the NFC is loaded.

A perfect season for some teams might not be 16-0 though. For instance if the Browns or the Jets make the playoff that is a perfect season for them.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
its too hard to go 16-0 in regular season only pats did it once and made it to superbowl and to lose to the giants will it happen probably not

Ivansito26

Ivansito26

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a 16-0 in this new season, it can happen there are very good teams, but I always go for the NEW England I think they can achieve this perfect season but it will be hard work, let's hope it happens and we see a perfect season for a good team

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seems unlikely. Remember how everyone was talking up the Pats chances of going 16-0 last season, and then they lost to KC in week one? :p

P

PokerSki

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the Miami Dolphins are the only team that had a perfect season in the NFL

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even if you had a team get to 12 an 0, they are going to sit a lot of their players. You're talking about teams with 100s of millions wrapped up on players, and rhe aren't going to risk those players who give them the best shot to win when they have home field sewn up. Too much risk. I think it will happen eventually, but no time soon, and definitely not the next few years.

S

Slip_Me_Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think we will see another perfect season for a very long time. Unlike other sports I think there is at least a good chance for a different team to win the superbowl every year. Plus a lot of teams start to rest players at the end of the year once they have locked up everything as far as playoff seeding. I would say we may not see it for another 10 years or so but I do think it will happen eventually.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need a perfect storm to reach 16-0, and I don't see any team having that ability this year.

Also there is incredible pressure on a perfect team in the playoffs, I think most coaches recognize that the additional pressure is not worth it

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Perfect Season is getting harder and harder to happen. Games are getting more rough every year. Players getting taller, bigger and stronger.
It is great for the competition but to have a perfect season will be very hard. Imagine after half of season, when a team has no loss, everyone wants to beat them...

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe if they could play Buffalo every week. :p

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No kidding, buffalo looks horrible. Or are the Ravens really this good?

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure

I could happen but is not very likely.