smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Already happening in Florida. I think other states are going to follow.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is sad, especially if they aren't granted a license to operate there in the near future.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is sad, especially if they aren't granted a license to operate there in the near future.

Agreed. I think it likely hurts their cause with the DoJ investigations that are ongoing.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How can you have insider knowledge in fantasy football? There isn't any. All info about football is available to everyone. There's a thing called the internet, ya know? This is a none issue being used to get either a piece of the action or as an excuse to get rid of something that Vegas missed the boat on.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How can you have insider knowledge in fantasy football? There isn't any. All info about football is available to everyone. There's a thing called the internet, ya know? This is a none issue being used to get either a piece of the action or as an excuse to get rid of something that Vegas missed the boat on.

Actually in these games, knowing who your opponents as a whole picked can be a huge advantage. If you can hit on players who might be likely to succeed who your opponents aren't picking, you're much more likely to win. Picking against the majority is a major key to success in these games. So what these guys stand accused of is using the (secret) numbers from their own sites to play against the players on the other sites thus gaining an advantage their opponents do not have.

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually in these games, knowing who your opponents as a whole picked can be a huge advantage. If you can hit on players who might be likely to succeed who your opponents aren't picking, you're much more likely to win. Picking against the majority is a major key to success in these games. So what these guys stand accused of is using the (secret) numbers from their own sites to play against the players on the other sites thus gaining an advantage their opponents do not have.

Exactly. They were looking at players who were underutilized in their games and then using those players in games on their competitors' sites.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From what I understand it's just one employee though. The entire business shouldn't be torn to shreds because of it. It's an opportunity to improve. I highly doubt the business model of these sites is to use lineup stats to win money at other sites. Just take a look at how much money they rake in contests like the Millionaire Maker every week. It would make absolutely no sense to compromise that.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
this is a damn shame if dfs falls apart

thesoxwin

thesoxwin

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I do not know the advantage, but if there wasn't an advantage why do it in the first place? :confused: The internet doesn't have the inside information that this guy was using...to win.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From what I heard he used stats about how often certain players were used in lineups, which basically allowed him to follow a contrarian strategy perfectly. Obviously not a guaranteed win but def an edge.

But apparently he was cleared of all wrongdoing (he received the stats after lineups were locked or something).

Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling