Derek Jeter RE2PECT

gundacker

gundacker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any baseball fans?

Huge night to see Jeter's sendoff.. I was very emotional.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not a Yankee fan (Go Giants :) ) but respect to Jeter and a great career and appears to be a decent bloke too :top:

Who else could have won it for them last night too :congrats:

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO Jeter is a little overrated when you compare numbers, but the way he has carried himself in his career, along with being an awesome player, gives me much respect for him. What a way to go out of Yankee Stadium!

Kaze1886

Kaze1886

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
RE2PECT

Im just a baseball fan from the country that doesnt appreciate that sport.Been watching this game for a while now and Derek was true leader and a real captain and this sport must have been really grateful to him for that.What he made out of it its just unbeliveable.His last game in Bronx described all his career,he was the best when they needed him to be.Have a peaceful retirement.

K

Kongol

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I absolutely despise the yankees. But you talk about a all around class act, its Jeter, hands down. I haven't watched baseball like i used to anymore, but its a sad day knowing that someone i grew up watching when i was young and respected a lot, is now done playing. P.S Even the boston red sox, and there fans gave him a standing in his last game in Fenway park and coming from probably the most heated rivalry in all of sports, thats saying A LOT!!

J

johnsonmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm a true Yankees fan and have been for most of my young life. I grew up watching Derek Jeter. It was very hard to see him go but I know nothing lasts forever. Also, I don't think he is overrated, A-rod is yes but not Jeter. He always tried his best on and of the field. His numbers are mostly constant year to year, it had to be to get over 3,400 hits. He also, has the most postseason hits in postseason history. I can't wait to see him go into the hall of fame!

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's hard to say this about any ballplayer, but he's both underrated and overrated. Why? Simple.

For all the Gold Gloves he won (five), there is advanced baseball metrics that peg him as a subpar defensive shortstop his entire career, that the awards he won were not deserved. In that respect, his greatness defensively is way overrated.

He is widely underrated in that offensively, the numbers he was able to compile while playing probably the most demanding position on the infield, in a market where his every move is micro analyzed, it just beyond impressive. He was a clean player in an era where many players were taking PED's, and was a class act on and off the field. Young kids coming up through the baseball system should look at him as an example on how to play the game the right way.

All that said, he's a first ballot Hall of Famer and Cooperstown is going to be jammed with Yankee fans in 2020.

420FLuSH024

420FLuSH024

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Red Sox fan since childhood but I have nothing but respect for Derek Jeter he did it all with class and dignity. He was one of the most professional ball players I've ever seen and he will soon find himself in the Hall of Fame. I have to completely agree with everything Shumkoolie said as well.

C

cyclone45

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Astros fan here but I grew up a Yankee fan. They sure have a flair for the dramatic, huh? Respect to Jeet. The Core Four is no more.

T-Dubs82

T-Dubs82

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yankees will be much improved this year without the -WAR player

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll miss seeing him play this year & the years to come. He was always a player I looked up to & liked.

I went to 2 of the 3 last games he played in STL. We all gave him standing ovations, as did I believe all teams. It was awesome.

I got some good pics of him getting a basehit & then rounding 1st base. It was classic.

B

BOSTON WALLY

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my wife loves jeter she has picture of him on our bedroom ceiling still don't know why the ceiling plenty of room on our walls