Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Oh my God! It's so scary! 😱
I immediately had a number of questions: players should have excellent health and stamina and be constantly checked.
He is only 24 years old.
I do not know the biography of this player, but it seems to me that he had to be healthy to play this sport.
Could it have been an attempt? Is it possible that he was poisoned with something that caused a cardiac arrest? Or were there health problems after all?Or did he hit or something similar that caused a cardiac arrest?
In any case, it's terrible and I hope that his condition will return to normal very soon.🙏

Last edited:
jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We were watching this game when this happened - it was so scary. I hope he is okay. You can read about it here:

Same here, we are Buffalo Bills fans and are just stunned by what happened.

I can't stop thinking of Damar and his family.

This is a really chilling event, and has me thinking about the unknown future we all have.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
That was so scary. I hope he is alright and will be completely fine again soon.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I was watching the World Junior Hockey championships with the intent of switching to the football game afterward. My Sister (big Bills fan) started texting me to ask if I was watching the game. I told her I would be in a few minutes and she began to explain the situation. I texted back that it sounded like a hard blow with bad timing had stopped his heart for a second and he'd be fine. It all went downhill from there. Critical condition??! I've never heard of such a thing.

It's rare to occur in football - I've never heard of it happening, but it makes a certain amount of sense. It's usually a sport with a hard, small "ball" that is shot with force. It happened to Chris Pronger (NHL HOFer) when he was struck with a shot puck - he ended up being fine (after they restarted his heart). It seems to happen a lot with fathers pitching to their children at short range and getting smacked by the comebacker in the chest. When this occurs (as it often does) in a backyard or park, the victim often dies. This is why, in canada at least, there is supposed to be a defibrillator in every public sports facility.

I think I understand what happened, I just can't figure out why the result has been so severe. With immediate, excellent medical attention, this kind of thing should be "nothing" in terms of lasting effects. This is perhaps the most horrible thing I've ever seen happen on a professional sports field. It seems as life threatening as a severe spinal injury with none of the obviously bone shattering impact.

J

johnsonmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Scary situation, prayers for his recovery.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips