Congrats Peyton Manning and Denver Broncos

MrPink514

MrPink514

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I was one of very few people who picked the Broncos to win yesterday. Now, I'm not a Broncos fan, I'm a Colts fan, but I root for the Broncos because of Peyton. Obviously as a Colts fan, Peyton Manning is my God, and even though he left Indy I will always root for him to do well and to win. No matter what jersey he's wearing. He has now become the only QB in NFL history to lead two different teams to a Super Bowl victory. In my opinion he is now the greatest QB of all time. I know there are some with more rings, but Peyton is a Five Star General on the field. No one has filed vision like he does, no one leads his team down field like he does and along with his other career records, achievements, and stats, I truly believe he is the best ever. As much as I love Peyton, I hope he retires now. No better way to go out than as a champion.

• 2x Super Bowl champion (XLI, 50)
  • Super Bowl MVP (XLI)
  • 4x AFC champion
  • 14x Pro Bowls
  • 7x First-team All-Pro
  • 3x Second-team All-Pro
  • 5x NFL MVP
  • 2x NFL Offensive Player of the Year
  • AP NFL Comeback Player of the Year
  • 4x NFL passing touchdown leader
  • 3x NFL passing yards leader
  • Pro Bowl MVP (2005)
  • Indianapolis Colts all-time leader (career wins, passing touchdowns, pass attempts, pass completions, passing yards)
  • NFL all-time leader in career touchdown passes and passing yards
  • NFL 2000s All-Decade Team
  • Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year (2013)
Career stats as of 2015

Passing attempts: 9380
Passing completions: 6125
Percentage: 65.3
TD-INT: 539-251
Passing yards: 71 940
Passer rating: 96.5

List of career achievements
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_career_achievements_by_Peyton_Manning

A

AckLakCak3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am happy to see Manning rewarded for his efforts in Denver, because Lord knows we should have won a title in any of his first 3 seasons here. But the credit for this title goes solely to the Denver defense. Incredible season! It was never pretty, but we got it done. Couldn't be any prouder of how we won the Super Bowl this time around!

PLAYINBIG

PLAYINBIG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had picked Carolina's offense to beat Denver's defense.I think that was one of,if not the best defensive games,that I have ever seen in a super bowl.Congrats to the Denver Broncos,Von Miller and the sheriff.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They had a great game and a well-deserved win.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Saw an ad for this online, post-Super Bowl!
Carolina_Panthers_SB_50_Champions_Ring.jpg

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats to the Denver Broncos! The speed of their defense befuddled Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers. You could see as the game progressed how confused the Panthers were.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Great defensive game. Not a great football game. I hope Peyton calls it a career soon.

T

tke001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Peyton was the winning QB but any QB who didn't just give away the football could win with that D. Hell, I think the out of the NFL Tim Tebow could have led Denver to the SB. Peyton had very little to do with winning. He threw for 141 yards, 1 INT, 0 TDs. Von Miller and D Ware were the catalyst to the SB run.

N

nermis13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
was hoping for much more ... carolina won those who do not deserve; (

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Archies!

Peyton was the winning QB but any QB who didn't just give away the football could win with that D. Hell, I think the out of the NFL Tim Tebow could have led Denver to the SB. Peyton had very little to do with winning. He threw for 141 yards, 1 INT, 0 TDs. Von Miller and D Ware were the catalyst to the SB run.
Totally agree - Peyton's job was to not turn the ball over, to manage drives efficiently despite his arm being in the twilight of its career. He's clearly still got what it takes to do that, to understand his physical limitations and give a team its best chance to win using his head. Hey - Archie Manning's boys each have two Super Bowl wins, amazing...