College Football ??

H

HeyMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man if we do not have Football this fall :confused: I can deal with that but feel really sorry for all the young peeps that have worked so hard play if it doesn't happen. That goes for all college sports !

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm in the UK but my understanding is that the season only lasts 3 months, then the bowl games take place a month later. With that in mind, could they just delay the football season and play it later in the academic year if it becomes safe to do so? Or would that interfere too much with basketball and baseball?

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Or would that interfere too much with basketball and baseball?
It would interfere a little bit in that you have some athletes that play football and baseball in college here in the states but at the end of the day the truth is that a lot of colleges and universities need the revenue that they get from football so if push comes to shove I could eventually see them doing some type of modified season that most schools currently have planned. Most conferences have said that they will only be playing conference games this fall so hopefully we at least get conference games moving forward this year.

Being a high school football coach in Georgia our season is currently up in the air waiting for our states athletic association to come to a decision whether we have a season or not. We have two seniors currently being recruited by some smaller D1 schools but they could use this season to possibly get some bigger college offers. I don't know how colleges are going to be able to do a good job of recruiting in some states because they have already shut down their high school football seasons. I know there are more important things than playing football like the safety of the high school kids and families but there truely are kids that need sports and others that only show up to school to play sports so it is a little concerning for high schools as well.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
College Football

From what I have read seems for a lot of teams things still are yet to be decided. I read that a few conferences are limiting play to only their conference which will delete a few good match ups in terms of head to head play when trying to determine a National Champ.

I agree with you that this will affect a lot of players trying to make it to the NFL as well as high school players working on getting into a major college. Lets just hope we will find a way to get things back to at least semi normal due to Covid 19.

Stay safe all ! :D

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its going to be very strange without it if it doesnt happen

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Being a high school football coach in Georgia our season is currently up in the air waiting for our states athletic association to come to a decision whether we have a season or not. We have two seniors currently being recruited by some smaller D1 schools but they could use this season to possibly get some bigger college offers. I don't know how colleges are going to be able to do a good job of recruiting in some states because they have already shut down their high school football seasons. I know there are more important things than playing football like the safety of the high school kids and families but there truely are kids that need sports .

Sounds a cool job - is it a full-time position or do you teach as well?
I know what you're saying - it's not just entertainment. For some students their futures are at stake in terms of college scholarships

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sounds a cool job - is it a full-time position or do you teach as well?
I know what you're saying - it's not just entertainment. For some students their futures are at stake in terms of college scholarships
I teach as well, and the state decided this week to move forward with the regular 10 game season with the regular 5 game playoff with the season being moved back two weeks. The only thing still undecided is what to do about fans at the games.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the more they were going to do it because it is a sport that is recognized all over the world so the more they would leave without the famous football!

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I teach as well, and the state decided this week to move forward with the regular 10 game season with the regular 5 game playoff with the season being moved back two weeks. The only thing still undecided is what to do about fans at the games.

This has to be the latest reply ever ha ha! Did the season get underway OK in Georgia or did it have to be postponed again? I'm replying now because it's dawned on my I was in the US around this time 4 years ago and the local news channels were showing playoff highlight - but I guess they'd be a little later this year. If they're still happening
Hope it's going OK where you are

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This has to be the latest reply ever ha ha! Did the season get underway OK in Georgia or did it have to be postponed again? I'm replying now because it's dawned on my I was in the US around this time 4 years ago and the local news channels were showing playoff highlight - but I guess they'd be a little later this year. If they're still happening
Hope it's going OK where you are
Trying to make a playoff push, if we win the last two games we finish 4th we should win the next one and whoever wins the last game will come in 4th. We easily finish 3rd if we aren't hit by Covid and have to sit 7 starters and three of those starters backups on defense and my two starting tackles and one of my starting running backs (we run a Wing-T and I am the OC and O-line coach) for two straight weeks. If we can win the last two (we should easily win both) we will make the playoffs for the first time in 8 years, but yes normally this Friday night would start round one and we still have two regular season games left.