Club World Cup

marianexbj

marianexbj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Shortly after starting a new Club World Cup, do you think there are any real chances that the hegemony of the Europeans over the rest will end? Economically it is very difficult to compete against their power, from South America there is a team that won the Libertadores Cup without showing so much but that once has one of the most expensive squads on the continent. Will there be chances of a surprise outside of Europe-South America?

Who do you think will be the champion?

https://www.fifa.com/clubworldcup/news/fifa-club-world-cuptm-squads-confirmed

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no, not yet possible. although one or two matches can be won by a very defensive team, in the hope of luck in a series of kicks))).
it's about the same to ask: when will the world champion on football not from Europe or South America appear ?! while the chances are never.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.Obviously,Bayern Munich will reach the final and play against ....Palmeiras? Tigres?,or maybe another surprise.Just remember that Atlético Mineiro was eliminated in semifinals against a weaker team in this competition some years ago.In my opinion,Bayern should be the champion.

J

Joonhi93

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think bayer can be beaten, but I think he can see big surprises

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I watched Tigres win over Ulsan Hyundai. The South Korean team is very weak and Tigres, despite playing very poorly, managed to win. I believe that Palmeiras should beat Tigres with some ease. Even in a hypothetical scenario where Tigres manage to balance the match, I believe that Palmeiras would also qualify.

I couldn't watch the match between Al Duhail and Al Duhail, but I think Bayern would have no trouble beating any of them.

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
does anyone remember the World Club Cup in 2000 in brazil? Featured 8 teams with a group stage. Memorable here in the UK only because of Man Utd's disastrous performance in it (after they controversially withdrew from the FA cup to play in it).

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
does anyone remember the World Club Cup in 2000 in Brazil? Featured 8 teams with a group stage. Memorable here in the UK only because of Man Utd's disastrous performance in it (after they controversially withdrew from the FA cup to play in it).
I certainly remember. I remember the penalty shootout in the final as if it were today.

https://www.fifa.com/clubworldcup/archive/brazil2000/

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it was weird because they still had the Toyota Cup that season (the South American champions winners vs the european champions in a one off match in Japan), which was kinda superfluous if they had this big tournament too.
Not sure why it didn't happen again - think there was supposed to be another one in the summer of 2001 but it got cancelled - something to do with the main sponsors going bankrupt? Then after a few more years they merged the idea with the Toyota Cup, and the result is the tournament we have today. And it seems to be working well, but FIFA's motto may as well be 'if it aint broke, break it'. Actually the same could be said of UEFA!

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The problem with the Toyota Cup is that it ignores countries on other continents like Asia, Africa ... It was an Intercontinental Cup and not a world cup.

And by looking back at the world championships, we can see that countries on all continents can compete with chances of winning.

In 2010, the African champion Mazembe defeated the South American champion, Internacional from Brazil. In 2013, Raja Casablanca, representative of the host country, Morocco, defeated Atlético Mineiro from Brazil, South American champion.

In 2016 Kashima Antlers, representative of the host country, Japan, defeated Atletico Nacional from Colombia, South American champion. In 2018 Al Ain, representative of the host country, United Arab Emirates, defeated River Plate of argentina, South American champion.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Beautiful Tigres victory today against Palmeiras, Gignac played very well. Everything continues as it was before: Palmeiras do not have a world cup.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
What a nice surprise for Tigres ... I don't think a lot of people bet they'll beat Palmeiras and get to the final.

chaviiiis

chaviiiis

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank God there was already a thread to write this text... which is the same from my new thread that i did 5 minutes ago...

FIRST OF ALL... HI EVERYONE!!!!

I REALLY HAD TO MAKE THIS TREAD....

I DONT KNOW BOUT YOU GUYS BUT IM INTO SOCCER SINCE I WAS A KID....

ALSO IDK IF YOU KNOW ABOUT HE FIFA CLUBS WORLD CUP THAT INVOLVES ALL TEAMS FROM THE CONTINENTS CONFEDERATIONS.. ASIA AFRICA NORTH SOUTH CENTRAL AMERICA AND SOUTH AMERICA.. EUROPE AND OCEANIA WHICH LIVERPOOL IS THE ACTUAL CHAMP....

WELL... I DONT KNOW HOW TO DESCRIBE... THAT MY TEAM FROM MY CITY... THE TEAM THAT IVE BEEN CHEARING SINCE LITTLE... THE TEAM THAT HAS BEEN TROUGH MANY STRUGGLES AND A LOT OF GOOD MEMORIES FROM THE LAST 10 YEARS WHICH GAVE US CHAMPIONSHIPS AND A LOT OF HAPPINES IS NOW AT THE FINAL OF THE WORLD CLUBS CUP.... I JUST CANT WITH ALL THE HAPPINES THAT I FEEL... IM CRYING OF JOY JUST TO REALIZE ALL THIS IS HAPPENING...

JUST FELLAS INTO SOCCER MAY UNDESTAND ME..

BUT I JUST WANTED YOU GUYS TO KNOW THAT MY TEAM TIGERS WILL FACE BAYERN MUNICH THIS THURSDAY.... 1PMET

ALL EYES OF THE WORLD WILL SEE THEM... AND WILL KNOW THE COURAGE AND PASSION WE HAVE REGARDING SOCCER.... YOU GUYS WILL SEE THE COURAGE WE HAVE TO WIN THIS CUP... IM LUCKY ENOUGH TO SEE MY TEAM DISPUTING THIS CUP.. IM VERY PROUD OF THEM... AND TEACHES ME THAT NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE... THE SKY IS THE LIMIT!

THANK YOU FOR READING ME! =)

GOOOOOO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tigres-bayern-munich-enfrentaran-jueves_37_0_1130_703.jpg

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem with the Toyota Cup is that it ignores countries on other continents like Asia, Africa ... It was an Intercontinental Cup and not a world cup.

And by looking back at the world championships, we can see that countries on all continents can compete with chances of winning.

In 2010, the African champion Mazembe defeated the South American champion, Internacional from Brazil. In 2013, Raja Casablanca, representative of the host country, Morocco, defeated Atlético Mineiro from Brazil, South American champion.

In 2016 Kashima Antlers, representative of the host country, Japan, defeated Atletico Nacional from Colombia, South American champion. In 2018 Al Ain, representative of the host country, United Arab Emirates, defeated River Plate of Argentina, South American champion.

True. Just to add to that, I read something a couple of years ago about a former non-league player from the UK who moved to a club in New Zeland who were Ocenaia's representative in that year's tournament - think they won their first game and went on to play Real Madrid. So in the space of 6 months he'd gone from semi-pro to playing against the biggest club side in the world in a competitive game. That sort of story wouldn't happen
if it had just been the old Europe vs South America format.