Clemson National Championship?

P

PokerSki

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Will Clemson win the National Championship again?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I bet on Bama, so I kinda hope not...

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Will Clemson win the National Championship again?

Not this time
No Watson no chance against the tide today.

I like Georgia in the first game defence always wins plus Oklahoma already making excuses saying their QB has the flu.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not this year

Not sure my Tigers would have beaten Alabama even with Deshaun Watson this year. Alabama's defense was spot on and they were efficient on offense. Some bad officiating along the way hurt Clemson. Early on, a huge no call on an obvious interference. Very similar play for Alabama is called interference. Later, they horse collar our running back, no call. Couple plays later, they call a horse collar on us, similar grab. Little things in a big game - a few big plays here or there for Alabama and a very basic game was on. The tide still have more 5stars than everybody else. Will probably handle Georgia with ease. Biggest problem for Clemson was the fact that Alabama missed out on its conference championship game (very ironic), so they had more time to heal and prepare. To be frank, it's really a huge joke that the 1 seed should have to face Alabama first round, which didn't even earn its spot. Pretty obvious that Alabama gets a mulligan, year after year, and that will continue into the future. A devil like Nick Saban has contacts and he was able to negotiate and lobby his team into the playoff even after they were routed by Auburn and didn't even play for the SEC Championship. Say what you will about the fact that it's an 'all SEC' NC game, but this is contrived and never should have been a possibility.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Bama defense got healthy they have been banged up whole year they should run away with the finals.

I agree they should not have qualified after they got smashed by Auburn in Iron bowl they got in just beacuse they were Bama no other team would gotten same treatment

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alabama vs Georgia

Georgia's rb's will get their big plays here and there, but I think the 'tide' easily wins by 10-17 points. Lucky to have all that time to get healthy before the Clemson game, enough said. I'm taking Alabama and laying the 4 points.