Chiefs qb situation..

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll get to the point. Andy Reid has a history of taking mobile, fallen from grace quarterbacks, like Michael Vick. Anyone think he tries to get them to sign Colin Kaepernick?

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, Kap completed 57% of his passes in the NFL. That is terrible, no starter in the NFL right now is that bad. I don't know why this keeps getting brought up, he will never play in the NFL ever again lol

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People said the same of vick. To me Kaepernick is about the same as mariota except a better runner and somehow he has kept a job. Andy Reid is why I'd consider the thought. Kaepernicks career percentage is 59.8, mariotas is 59.1 so far this year. So yeah, there are bad percentage qbs out there, though I doubt mariota keeps that job for long. Daniel Jones is right at that average. Aron Rodgers is only 62, Baker Mayfield is down in the 50s somewhere. 9 starters this year are under 62 percent. 15 under 64 such as Patrick mahomes.

Last edited:
JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People said the same of vick. To me Kaepernick is about the same as mariota except a better runner and somehow he has kept a job. Andy Reid is why I'd consider the thought. Kaepernicks career percentage is 59.8, mariotas is 59.1 so far this year. So yeah, there are bad percentage qbs out there, though I doubt mariota keeps that job for long. Daniel Jones is right at that average. Aron Rodgers is only 62, Baker Mayfield is down in the 50s somewhere. 9 starters this year are under 62 percent. 15 under 64 such as Patrick mahomes.

Mariota has already been benched so no, and his completion % is above that this year …

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No... it's not... you think I just picked a random number? Its 59.1 this year. What about a quarter of the leagues starters being under 62? Almost half under 64 including last year's mvp.

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No... it's not... you think I just picked a random number? Its 59.1 this year. What about a quarter of the leagues starters being under 62? Almost half under 64 including last year's mvp.

Kap got benched for Blaine Gabbert lol … watch some film, it's pretty obv why. Matt Moore will be the qb in KC till Mahomes is back

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't recall saying that I thought he was good, or that it would be a good idea to pursue him. If he fits, or would do well isn't exactly the topic. The topic is given the situation, would Andy Reid possibly try to influence them picking him up, like he did in Philly with vick. If Moore starts or not isn't the point either, as the Chiefs would be smart to shut down Mahomes until next year. His knee cap was literally ripped off under his skin, not to mention the ankle being gimpy. They would need another qb, just like jacksonville.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No way they sign kap. No way any team signs kap..Ever. There's to much publicity surrounding him and the negativity it would bring to any team. He's a cancer. He wasn't even that good when he was in the NFL , He was good against shitty teams but any defense with a brain would crush him every time. Picking up Kap is a terrible move for any team. Especially if he comes in...SUCKS...and then you bench him? imagine the "Kap Backlash" that team would get for that. Will There be a trade coming for another "mobile" qb? If Mahomesi s out for more than 5 weeks...100% Yes.

BoyNamedSude

BoyNamedSude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The big story QB wise was Flacco... "Flaccid"

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's no worse than the negativity vick had, and theoretically if they, or anyone else signed him, it could be a stipulated contract. How many mobile qbs are there with NFL experience that you could sign for the league minimum? He doesn't have to be a starter, the Chiefs just need a backup now for the same reason jacksonville needed one. I also don't signed a backlash from fans if he did get a lot of snaps and sucked, because chief fans are reliant on mahomes. They probably expect to not get many more wins now. I don't think that's true, Moore played fine when he came in, but Andy Reid likes mobile qbs.
No way they sign kap. No way any team signs kap..Ever. There's to much publicity surrounding him and the negativity it would bring to any team. He's a cancer. He wasn't even that good when he was in the NFL , He was good against shitty teams but any defense with a brain would crush him every time. Picking up Kap is a terrible move for any team. Especially if he comes in...SUCKS...and then you bench him? imagine the "Kap Backlash" that team would get for that. Will There be a trade coming for another "mobile" qb? If Mahomesi s out for more than 5 weeks...100% Yes.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's no worse than the negativity vick had, and theoretically if they, or anyone else signed him, it could be a stipulated contract. How many mobile qbs are there with NFL experience that you could sign for the league minimum? He doesn't have to be a starter, the Chiefs just need a backup now for the same reason jacksonville needed one. I also don't signed a backlash from fans if he did get a lot of snaps and sucked, because chief fans are reliant on mahomes. They probably expect to not get many more wins now. I don't think that's true, Moore played fine when he came in, but Andy Reid likes mobile qbs.

No different than Vick? Are you nuts? Vick dealt in dog fighting which he dissapeared off the map for a minute. Keep was literally enticing a race war......2 different scenarios by far. He comes back to the NFL and does that kneeling shit again and the whole super drama will start, and then when he gets benched for sucking which he will itll be another white man bringing the black man down. No he is a terrible cost to ANY team. If he wasnt he would already be on a team. The reason Vick was still playing was because of his formal apology and millions of dollars of donations towards fighting animal cruelty. Kap literally has done nothing to go "my actions were a bit uncalled for I could have been better about how I blahblahblah" and then yes..people would accept him again.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you're too biased on your personal view of him. He did win a Emmy for the Nike commercial, he isn't hated world wide you know. Me personally I couldnt care less about him either way. That's why I said a stipulated contract. As for vick, maybe you live somewhere where dog fighting isn't viewed as being so bad, but he was hated by damn near everyone, and it was way worse than dog fighting. Him, and his circle abused the dogs for entertainment, they would noose them and beat them to death along with a ton of other disgusting shit. He didn't "disappear off the map", he went to prison for it man. Of course he apologized, he literally killed things inhumanely to say the least. Tourtured them for entertainment where it was just a dog being beat, electrocuted, razored... and so on, with no other dog in sight (meaning it wasn't just dog fighting). He had to, even if he never played again.

Im not saying I agree with signing him or not, I'm asking a simple question with no bias to the situation. Would Andy reid, who already went through something similar, with a similar skill set guy (vick was obviously way better than kap) possibly try to get kap. As a starter, or a insurance back up given that he has NFL experience and said skill set is exactly what reid likes in a qb.
No different than Vick? Are you nuts? Vick dealt in dog fighting which he dissapeared off the map for a minute. Keep was literally enticing a race war......2 different scenarios by far. He comes back to the NFL and does that kneeling shit again and the whole super drama will start, and then when he gets benched for sucking which he will itll be another white man bringing the black man down. No he is a terrible cost to ANY team. If he wasnt he would already be on a team. The reason Vick was still playing was because of his formal apology and millions of dollars of donations towards fighting animal cruelty. Kap literally has done nothing to go "my actions were a bit uncalled for I could have been better about how I blahblahblah" and then yes..people would accept him again.

Last edited:
F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually Vicks hate was dismissed after his apologies and everything
Because ya know....people still bought his jerseys people still cheered for him. So , no dont live in an area where people dont frown on fighting you're just wrong in saying it's the same thing. Guess what...joe mixon beat the shit out of his girlfriend and his still getting praise? Why aren't we discussing that? Oh yeah because again.....formal apologies make everything change in the wide world of sports. Kap is a CANCER to teams , if he wssnt he would literally be on a team right now, even as a backup, but he refuses to say he was wrong ...EVER......I dont give a shit what award nike gives him , that literally means nothing. What has he done towards his "movement" of Police brutality and Blacks being treated differently ? Nothing , he pops out the woodwork to piss and moan on twitter when something happens but he is literally doing nothing for what he was bitching about in the NFL. I think you are way to high on Kap and cant see through the bullshit. If he was actually worthwhile to a team...HE WOULD BE ON A TEAM , he wouldn't be watching QBs like alex tanney and Blake Bortles and whatever 4th string QB is on the Saints he would literally....BE PLAYING , the fact you cant understand that is crazy. 32 teams and nobody wants him? Hmmmm guess theres a pretty big reason why.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dismissed? I still hate vick, damn near everyone I know hates vick to this day. Of course he sold some jerseys, of course some people dismissed it either from ignorance of thinking it was just dog fighting, or from their own acceptances of not caring about the situation.

I agree with you about mixon, along with a ton of other people like mccoy, and more famously so Richie Icogneto. All that said, you're taking the convo a little left field. You're also assuming I agree with signing him. You're escaping the question. Let's have a example. So, some guy kills some people, with obvious intent, but gets off on a technicality. Do I think they could potentially kill again? Absolutely. Now put that example into Andy reid. Do I think he could or would go for a experienced mobile qb regardless of their situation. Absolutely. Would it be kap? Who knows. But it's definitely something he would do. Were you surprised when the pats signed brown? Of course not, because they have a rep of excusing big things just to have an advantage on the field. Kap is blacked balled, no doubt about that, and that's not in question, but if someone were to go for him, you don't think there is a slightest chance that it would be andy reid?? Don't tell me what I don't understand or not based on me asking a question, I'm not here trying to undermine your opinion, so don't do that to me. I could easily say the fact that you don't see a scenario of someone who has done "a" before, having a chance of doing it again (andy reid) crazy, and make assumptions about you, but I havent. Keep it to your opinion. You don't think he would because you feel he is black balled, and that's a valid opinion to have considering how long he has been out. It's just as valid as the possibility of reid doing a vick 2.0.
Actually Vicks hate was dismissed after his apologies and everything
Because ya know....people still bought his jerseys people still cheered for him. So , no dont live in an area where people dont frown on fighting you're just wrong in saying it's the same thing. Guess what...joe mixon beat the shit out of his girlfriend and his still getting praise? Why aren't we discussing that? Oh yeah because again.....formal apologies make everything change in the wide world of sports. Kap is a CANCER to teams , if he wssnt he would literally be on a team right now, even as a backup, but he refuses to say he was wrong ...EVER......I dont give a shit what award nike gives him , that literally means nothing. What has he done towards his "movement" of Police brutality and Blacks being treated differently ? Nothing , he pops out the woodwork to piss and moan on twitter when something happens but he is literally doing nothing for what he was bitching about in the NFL. I think you are way to high on Kap and cant see through the bullshit. If he was actually worthwhile to a team...HE WOULD BE ON A TEAM , he wouldn't be watching QBs like alex tanney and Blake Bortles and whatever 4th string QB is on the Saints he would literally....BE PLAYING , the fact you cant understand that is crazy. 32 teams and nobody wants him? Hmmmm guess theres a pretty big reason why.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that even the slimmest of chances of it happening are dead now. They are talking about bringing Mahomet back in just 3 weeks possibly, which in it self is a extremely bad choice in my opinion.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'll get to the point. Andy Reid has a history of taking mobile, fallen from grace quarterbacks, like Michael Vick. Anyone think he tries to get them to sign Colin Kaepernick?

Reid has already gotten the maximum out of Kap, it's how the Chiefs acquired Alex Smith. :dancing2: