G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys,

We all know that before one year ago, Frank Lampard was assigned as a Chelsea manager and everybody expected Chelsea will finish mid-table and team will be very weak after leaving of their superstar Eden Hazard. During this year everybody recognized that Lampard made a really good and entertaining for watching team.

But during the whole season, Chelsea have conceded goal after goal most of the matches, which is very strange for this club and now in the moment the club is signing only players in the attack and still there is no indication for someone, who will improve their defense, which is awful and I am telling this as a fan of the club. We need at least 2 defenders and a keeper for sure fot the next season to have any chance for some trophy.

Do you think that the defense is the real problem of the club at the moment , because 55 goals conceded in 37 matches in PL is the worst in Chelsea PL history? I can not imagine that Lampard does not look that and I am sure that he will improve the defense for the next season.

superkakila

superkakila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah they really have a problem with their defence,thay have to make some huge signings into their defence as they did eith werner and ziyech

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
they take more chances probably why they score more also

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yah the defence is a problem for Chelsea but Chelsea play in such an aggressive manner that they score in most of the matches.
This agression has worked recently in their favour like beating City and Liverpool recently but poor defence open a window to get surprise defeats as well.

But this time this agression is going to help Chelsea win against Arsenal in FA cup.

Disclaimer- I have 25k bet on Chelsea against Arsenal.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.With this problem,Chelsea reduces its chances to win again the Premier League. or the Champions League.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Yeah they really have a problem with their defence,thay have to make some huge signings into their defence as they did eith werner and ziyech

Saw some gossip today that they are linked with Oblak and Gimenez but both have 109 mln release clause lol

I

igo89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Chelsea need to buy at least one central defender, goalkeeper and flanking defender to replace Marcos Alonso, who plays very poorly in defense. But due to the purchase of Werner and possibly Haverts, money for more problematic positions may not be enough ..

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Chelsea needs a goalie and 1 more solid central defender.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chelsea needs a goalie and 1 more solid central defender.

Exactly. That is what I am thinking, too. But to be honest, it will be good to sign 2 defenders.:D. Lets see what will happen, only speculations for now in the sport sites about Oblak and Jimenez, but that for me is not realistic, despite the fact Chelsea always are with good relationships with Atletico.

youri

youri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chelsea does have a defensive problem, their back line isn't a league titile winning back line, except maybe for Azpilicueta if he can get back to his 2016/17 form under Conte.

There are two main issues with Lampards's Chelsea and are: Defending counter attacks and protecting the lead. The latter one is more urgent to fix cause you
wanna have some clean sheets to lift the defenders moral.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
There are other small issues that might not seem as issues at all to some, and it is their non-aggressive
play. Chelsea are too soft, they get bullied often and they should be more nasty. The other one, is
the lack of directness.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Lampard needs to hire one or two defensive minded coaches for the first team and sign a ready
made 1st class defender and a reliable left wing back.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Exactly. That is what I am thinking, too. But to be honest, it will be good to sign 2 defenders.:D. Lets see what will happen, only speculations for now in the sport sites about Oblak and Jimenez, but that for me is not realistic, despite the fact Chelsea always are with good relationships with Atletico.

Courtois saga was anything but good ?!? Same happened with Filipe Luis and Diego Costa's returns to Madrid so i doubt them having too good relationships lol ... And as for Gimenez/Oblak case then i'd imagine that if either one of them goes to discover London then it will be Gimenez ...

Chelsea does have a defensive problem, their back line isn't a league titile winning back line, except maybe for Azpilicueta if he can get back to his 2016/17 form under Conte.

Maybe Dave needs to clone himself cause i believe Mourinho was that one who said "11 Azpilicueta's wins you Champions League" - not sure when he said that exactly but i'd imagine it was to praise him or so ...

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Courtois saga was anything but good ?!? Same happened with Filipe Luis and Diego Costa's returns to Madrid so i doubt them having too good relationships lol ... And as for Gimenez/Oblak case then i'd imagine that if either one of them goes to discover London then it will be Gimenez ...

Maybe Dave needs to clone himself cause i believe Mourinho was that one who said "11 Azpilicueta's wins you Champions League" - not sure when he said that exactly but i'd imagine it was to praise him or so ...
I think, too that Gimenez has more chance than Oblak to come to London. Also, Oblak is considered as the best goalkeeper in the world at the moment and can not imagine Atletico will sell him and to start searching for replacement.

Gimenez has more chance, because in the centre in the defense, Atletico has many options and various players on that position and that will not be a problem for them.

I think that the relationships between Chelsea and Atletico are good with the argument that they continue to swap themselves players. If it is not, they will stop and will never negotiate.

lovemetender

lovemetender

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chelsea needs a coach like Guardiola to be the champion again.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chelsea needs a coach like Guardiola to be the champion again.

I don't think so. Guardiola's methods and style of playing are absolutely not for Chelsea. Chelsea will be and have been champion with a lit bit statistically weak managers than Guardiola. He is not for them .

erik_lima

erik_lima

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think the biggest problem are the defenders. That's about the system that the team plays (more agressive). But this was the first season of Lampard. Probably next season he will improve this system.

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If they have a defensive problem?

First you should ask if they really have a defense at all.