A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
What you think about the household in the organization of the montreal canadiens???

For my part i think its time to renew this hockey club and the next step is fire dominic ducharme.....

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This season is a lost cause since the players, as a show of solidarity to Carey and Shea, are putting in little effort on the ice. Any new coach that is hired should continue with this non-effort to increase the odds of getting the number one draft pick which will aid in the rebuilding process.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
i think missin real 1st line.....and last season couple of players playing more then habitual......this team is carey price.....if carey is in shape and play well the habs will be on top but if not.....its not the same

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This season is a lost cause since the players, as a show of solidarity to Carey and Shea, are putting in little effort on the ice. Any new coach that is hired should continue with this non-effort to increase the odds of getting the number one draft pick which will aid in the rebuilding process.
I realize that this is a joke, but there is a guarantee the Habs won't get a good draft choice no matter how badly they play this year.

First, they would only receive a better chance to get the first overall choice if they have a really bad record (which they seem to be completely capable of). Second, and this is the one that makes it impossible as it stands, they have already traded the higher of their two first round picks next year to the Coyotes (along with a third for Christian Dvorak).

Without trading for another first round pick that would be exempt from the Arizona deal and miraculously turned out to be the first overall, they cannot draft higher than second. And that would only occur if Montreal and Carolina won the first AND second picks in the draft.

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm from Montreal, but I don't give a hoot what they do now.

Go Sens !

Actually JK, I'm not a big fan of Hockey, or really any professional sport. I think it's actually detrimental for a lot of kids. I know many hockey families, and what they go through for their kids to play. The odds are so against them ever succeeding in a pro career. I even know a retired pro from the NHL, and he agreed with me. I have a little cousin that was pushed by his parents to play his whole childhood, and he was good at it, even had a shot at playing for the Habs, but gave it up soon after adulthood.

Anyway, sorry for going off topic. I hope they do well for you and you have a great season. Cheers!

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yikes I didn't realize they had been busy trading away their top draft picks--this is going from bad to worse

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
OK, it's not as bad as I thought

Aha. Maybe this wasn't the worst trade in the history of the NHL.

From nhl.com:. The Coyotes will receive the higher of the Canadiens' two first-round picks in the 2022 draft and a second-round pick* in the 2024 NHL Draft for Dvorak. If either or both of the first-round picks is in the top 10, then the Coyotes will receive the lower of the selections.

*not sure about this

I can't seem to find the article that neglected to mention the "higher if not in the top ten", but several sources have it - along with another condition that turns the first and third into a first and second if the the pick(s) are top ten.

Last edited:
frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Give Dvorak a chance, he played Jr. here in London the kid can play ,very good off the puck with and a good upside on offence

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Give Dvorak a chance, he played Jr. here in London the kid can play ,very good off the puck with and a good upside on offence
Oh, I'm happy to have him. He's currently one of the team's goal scoring leaders (it's a low bar). It's just the cost that worries me. We got a first and a third for Kotkaniemi and immediately traded a first and a third (AFAIK) for Dvorak. So that's really Kotkaniemi (and his untenable one year, RFA $6.1M contract) for Dvorak at $4.45 AAV* (*Cap Hit, actual cost $5M/year) for four years.

This is an acceptable deal and players like Dvorak are usually pretty successful in the Habs' lineup. But if this deal were to turn into Shayne Wright (plus a third rounder who could turn out to be a Zdeno Chara (third round 1996)) for Dvorak, I would have lost my mind. Fortunately, this will not be the case.