Breaking news, Chelsea and Man City to withdraw from ESL

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The abomination will not stand, Chelsea and City to withdrew from ESL, I was hoping Barca was the first one to put a nail in the coffin, but doesnt matter now, whats important is that this heresy and disease will be put down like a rabbid dog.

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it will be interesting to see what happens if some of the other clubs stay in. I'm assuming all English clubs will pull out, so if the Spanish and Italian clubs (and maybe a couple from germany, france, portugal etc) press ahead with this, potentially English clubs could be left behind. Not now but 10 years from now, to quote Tom Hagen!

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it will be interesting to see what happens if some of the other clubs stay in. I'm assuming all English clubs will pull out, so if the Spanish and Italian clubs (and maybe a couple from Germany, France, Portugal etc) press ahead with this, potentially English clubs could be left behind. Not now but 10 years from now, to quote Tom Hagen!
Let me assure u friend, nobody is gonna endorse it. Inter, Milan, Juve and Barca have real financial problems, Barca is the most impacted because it has to pay its debts in 22 to banks, and because of these problems that Bartomeu schemed to join the Superleague to save his ass from the legal and financial repercussions that will follow. As for the American owners of the English clubs, the only football they know is an egg carried most of the time and rarely kicked. They want to shorten the timespan of matches, have quarters and cheerleaders and whatnot. So, nobody is left behind.
I was heartbroken knowing that Barca was a part of the scheme, butafter reading some articles I was reassured. Barca had a clause in its contract that it can pull out anytime without any repercussions if the socios do not approve the superleague plan, Laporta wasnt going to sign to join, even if he has the power to do so without consulting the socios, sadly it is one of the previous board's decisions, the very board that is facing criminal charges for corruption, spying and smearing.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
its about money epl backing out great for champions lague

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
congratulations to the English teams for abandoning this ridiculous tournament, which was going to serve to elitize and diminish the competitiveness in football. The national championships of continental Europeans (Spanish is the worst) are terrible, with a maximum of 3 teams competing and the rest just being a punching bag. Sport is competition, not dominance.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
congratulations to the English teams for abandoning this ridiculous tournament, which was going to serve to elitize and diminish the competitiveness in football. The national championships of continental Europeans (Spanish is the worst) are terrible, with a maximum of 3 teams competing and the rest just being a punching bag. Sport is competition, not dominance.
Are you kidding me, how about Sevilla, Valencia, Zarago, Bilbao? Do you even watch La Liga? there is a huge diff between LaLiga teams and PL, because the latter has had the chance to be in England, a richer country with a much more cultural dominance. Look at any player in the world, even the greatest of all and if he was given the chance to play for Barca or Real, he wont hesitate a second to accept the offer. and dont talk about Spurs/Arsenal/City/Chelsea, they arent big teams, Forrest has won more champions leagues than them combined.

B

Belgiumburnley

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These teams can still face punishment from UEFA for that. A slap on the wrist more likely but you never know.

Funkyst3t

Funkyst3t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These teams can still face punishment from UEFA for that. A slap on the wrist more likely but you never know.
Of course, it is necessary to punish - the most terrible torments of hell are waiting for traitors and rebels:captain:

S

Spheremaster

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester City and Tottenham throughout Tuesday evening deserted the proposal to launch a largely-closed midweek competition amid an escalating backlash from their supporters and warnings from the British government that legislation could be introduced to thwart it.
Have a nice day :) let football win!