Baseball One game playoff win or lose fair or not fair

D

DADDY O

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think MLB got it wrong it's really ashame that you play a 162 game season and if you fall into the wild card it's a 1 game win or lose match up. I feel like it should at the least be a best of 3 or best of 5, baseball is not football it's not one and done its about a series wild card or not. as a fan if my team gets knocked out of the wild card only playing one game wow you just wasted months watching and cheering for your team, might have even had a party or two, gone to Dave and busters or what ever it is you do during the long season. for it all to come down to one game that's just no right imagine how the players must feel. So how do you feel about this. Would you change anything about the wild card or leave it as is. Also if your team was knocked out already I would really like to know how you truly feel about this matter and I do feel your pain keep your heads up.

fubarcdn

fubarcdn

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the wild card spots should be eliminated altogether and only the top teams should make the playoffs. These teams are lucky to get a second chance.

S

stlbluesfan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think they got it wrong when they added the wild card. MLB got greedy and wanted to create an additional series plus the one game playoff for the profit. I agree it takes too much away from the 162 games you played. The Cardinals this year were the best team in baseball but due to the wild card system we had to play the wild card winner just to be division champs. Unfortunately we lost so now we have nothing to show for winning over 100 of the 162 games we played this year.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Tradition matters & tradition tells us that the people who run MLB could **** up an anvil with a rubber mallet. At some point in time long after everyone else has figured out they have it wrong, they will change, prolly to something even worse. Just enjoy the games.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
If it aint broke, don't fix it.

What was wrong with the game when it first started, from what I know it hasn't changed, still got a bat, a ball, a mound and four bases with an infield and an outfield, and players, and most of all the fans that like it the way it's always been.

:dontknow:

mariel619

mariel619

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
things evolve over time.
this is the problem we have with society, those who hang on.

the one game adds excitement to a already over played boring game.
I actually played sports so yea its boring compared to others and
150+ reg season games?
if you didnt put your all into the season then there is no
reason you should be crying about a one game win all.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not fair, but lucrative. The whole idea of a 7 game series deciding who is best is pretty dumb. We've seen teams play for 162 games, and we know that the Cardinals, Pirates, Royals, and Blue Jays are the best teams in baseball.

But Americans gotta have a playoff (because we like money, and those games sell tickets like crazy). So here we are.

D

DADDY O

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not fair, but lucrative. The whole idea of a 7 game series deciding who is best is pretty dumb. We've seen teams play for 162 games, and we know that the Cardinals, Pirates, Royals, and Blue Jays are the best teams in baseball.

But Americans gotta have a playoff (because we like money, and those games sell tickets like crazy). So here we are.

Understandable but in that case I feel it should be a best of 5 or at least a best of 3 game series they go a 162 games to play a one and done that seems to be a waste at least give them a chance to battle for survival more money more baseball it's a win win for owners players and the fans. Let's go METS!!!!!!! (Yankee blood for life)

mariel619

mariel619

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they had 162 chances tho, right?

woohoo sue

woohoo sue

Brings Laughter
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
soo the whole reason for sooooo many games WAS to be able to sort the best team out from the rest from the one day wonders...I agree...... the one game wild card playoff is hideous....one league's wild card playoff is not the other leagues wild card playoff ...so that too makes it hideous.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its similar to English football (except the Premier League).

Basically you play all season from August to May, all divisions play 46 games a season, the top 2 or 3 get instant promotion, the we the next best 4 teams involved in a play-off.
They have a semi-final & a final to see if who goes up :(

Even more exasperating (Oooh :D) as the team going to the Premier League can recieve £100 mil ($160 mil) more the following season in TV money.

Thats an expensive mistake someone can make in the final.

D

DADDY O

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think they got it wrong when they added the wild card. MLB got greedy and wanted to create an additional series plus the one game playoff for the profit. I agree it takes too much away from the 162 games you played. The Cardinals this year were the best team in baseball but due to the wild card system we had to play the wild card winner just to be division champs. Unfortunately we lost so now we have nothing to show for winning over 100 of the 162 games we played this year.

I truly do feel your pain a lot of work goes into a full season it's a shame

Acehigh562

Acehigh562

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Glad you brought this up

I think MLB got it wrong it's really ashame that you play a 162 game season and if you fall into the wild card it's a 1 game win or lose match up. I feel like it should at the least be a best of 3 or best of 5, baseball is not football it's not one and done its about a series wild card or not. as a fan if my team gets knocked out of the wild card only playing one game wow you just wasted months watching and cheering for your team, might have even had a party or two, gone to Dave and busters or what ever it is you do during the long season. for it all to come down to one game that's just no right imagine how the players must feel. So how do you feel about this. Would you change anything about the wild card or leave it as is. Also if your team was knocked out already I would really like to know how you truly feel about this matter and I do feel your pain keep your heads up.

I was happy when they added 2 more teams to the wild card spot but i think they should add 2 more playoff spot alot good teams got left behind that is capable of making a playoff run. There season is to long and there postseason is too short doesnt add up to me. But i agree on with you on the 1 game playoff it doesnt do justice if its any sport baseball is the Main one because any team could win 1 game the doesnt mean that they are the better team thats why its important they do at least a 3 game series i will say 5. The best team always win a 7 game series weather u agree or not but if they win a best out of 7 series there deserving to be name the better team.

D

DADDY O

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was happy when they added 2 more teams to the wild card spot but i think they should add 2 more playoff spot alot good teams got left behind that is capable of making a playoff run. There season is to long and there postseason is too short doesnt add up to me. But i agree on with you on the 1 game playoff it doesnt do justice if its any sport baseball is the Main one because any team could win 1 game the doesnt mean that they are the better team thats why its important they do at least a 3 game series i will say 5. The best team always win a 7 game series weather u agree or not but if they win a best out of 7 series there deserving to be name the better team.

Very good points why not have baseball on thanksgiving

Acehigh562

Acehigh562

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol daddy 0 i think baseball players will disagree with that sir

D

DADDY O

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol daddy 0 i think baseball players will disagree with that sir

I know but as a fan in the big city can I at least pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars we can all wish for it lol

Top 10 Games