G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys,

Do you think the men's tennis season this year will return normally and some tournaments will be played or the association will pay their attention to the next season?

bapfel

bapfel

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
The US Open will start end of August, but some top players will not join, e.g. R. Nadal. Later there will be tournamnents in Europe.
Anyway I think it`s too early for playing tennis with an live audience but for earning some money with TV presentation it would work.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The US Open will start end of August, but some top players will not join, e.g. R. Nadal. Later there will be tournamnents in Europe.
Anyway I think it`s too early for playing tennis with an live audience but for earning some money with TV presentation it would work.

I think they should do as the other sports and to start playing the tournaments, because the waiting is not the decision. There should be no audience of course and if it is possible in the beginning of the next season with the 30% of the capacity as a start will be good. I can not understand now why the tournaments are continuing to be cancelled. Atp must do as the organisations in the other sports.

lightf

lightf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think they should do as the other sports and to start playing the tournaments, because the waiting is not the decision. There should be no audience of course and if it is possible in the beginning of the next season with the 30% of the capacity as a start will be good. I can not understand now why the tournaments are continuing to be cancelled. Atp must do as the organisations in the other sports.

I think the same, tournaments should begin if its possible and play without audience, and as the time goes maybe by the end of this year or next year elevate the capacity of the audience that can go to the events. Also if some player doesn't want to play it's okay and is up to him. Take football as example, some leagues played the matches that were left and now they are playing UEL and UCL with no problem. Just no audience for now and a rigorous check in the players that are going to participate in the next tournaments and all should be good.

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How was tennis not the first sport to return? You could do tennis with three people, the two players and a line judge. Just make sure you knock the balls out of the way and no one else is needed, how big of a deal would that be?

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the same, tournaments should begin if its possible and play without audience, and as the time goes maybe by the end of this year or next year elevate the capacity of the audience that can go to the events. Also if some player doesn't want to play it's okay and is up to him. Take football as example, some leagues played the matches that were left and now they are playing UEL and UCL with no problem. Just no audience for now and a rigorous check in the players that are going to participate in the next tournaments and all should be good.

Exactly. I understand that many of the tournaments are in all of the continents and there are a lot of measures to be observed during the flights and the destinations, but we have to deal with them. The situation will not be changed in the next few years and tennis can not stop. I don't know how the organisations are fine with that cancellations of the tournaments and do not do anything. For example, in football the organisations punished a lot the governments on any cost the football competitions to be completed.

36yankees

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think tennis can be played safely without fans for now. If players are uncomfortable traveling or being in a particular area than they can opt out if they want.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think tennis can be played safely without fans for now. If players are uncomfortable traveling or being in a particular area than they can opt out if they want.

Yes, and also in tennis in 80% of the courts in the grand slams or masters tournaments, there is no audience, because of the small courts, so we are not going to feel that bad as in the other sports.:D

36yankees

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The US Open starts tomorrow. I know I’m looking forward to the tournament. I think Djokovic is going to win for the men and Naomi Osaka for the woman

G

GreasedUpDefGui

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Didnt a player already test positive for the virus?

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This gonna be the worst US Open in ages.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion it will be a very good tournament. Many people think that most of the players have not come, but to be honest very few players will not come to. Only Federer, Nadal, Wawrinka, Monfils and Fognini from first 40, 50 are missing, which is not so bad. At all, I prefer already to watch semis between players like Tsitsipas, Thiem, Zverev, Medvedev, Dimitrov, Goffin than watching every Grand slam the only one thing - Federer, Nadal, Djokovic in semis. We have been watching them for a lot of years and it was fantastic, but now its time for the others. Will see if someone will beat Djokovic this year, but in 3/5 format , I am not expecting that.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.At last!Even without fans I will watch this event..It is a pity that Nadal and Federer won´t participate but there will be amazing matches to watch,anyway.