Athletes in trouble

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two teams two different ideas of how to handle issues. San Francisco 49ers Foster arrested on 4 felonies ... Domestic abuse and gun charges. The Niners say well his job may be on the line. The Eagles have a player who is arrested for what sounds like passing out in his car someplace and resisting arrest of some type. He was realms hours after the arrest. Eagles setting an example of what it takes to play for them. In the end it's probably talent based though Foster had a monster rookie season....

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Daryl Worley is the Eagle player you are referring too he is a CB that was traded there not too long from my Panthers maybe last month. He was found passed out with a gun and they said resisting arrest which is normally code for fight with police. Probably had issues before that's why we traded him to Philly but I never heard anything about problems with Daryl before and I follow Panthers very closely.

Organisations deal different ways with situations I think you are right on your assessment of talent level equals tolorenace level. Also Niners drafted him Foster knowing his problems, I doubt Philly knew hat they were getting into.

It was confirmed a couple hours ago that Philly did indeed release him.

Two teams two different ideas of how to handle issues. San Francisco 49ers Foster arrested on 4 felonies ... Domestic abuse and gun charges. The Niners say well his job may be on the line. The Eagles have a player who is arrested for what sounds like passing out in his car someplace and resisting arrest of some type. He was realms hours after the arrest. Eagles setting an example of what it takes to play for them. In the end it's probably talent based though Foster had a monster rookie season....

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daryl Worley is the Eagle player you are referring too he is a CB that was traded there not too long from my Panthers maybe last month. He was found passed out with a gun and they said resisting arrest which is normally code for fight with police. Probably had issues before that's why we traded him to Philly but I never heard anything about problems with Daryl before and I follow Panthers very closely.

Organisations deal different ways with situations I think you are right on your assessment of talent level equals tolorenace level. Also Niners drafted him Foster knowing his problems, I doubt Philly knew hat they were getting into.

It was confirmed a couple hours ago that Philly did indeed release him.

I think people need second chances but I don't know the solution. If the Niners cut him someone will pick him up after his suspension is over so what's a team to do. I think the Niners put themselves in this situation last year they cut Brock for domestic violence charges but with Foster didn't. That's what confuses me. Hopefully this kid straightens up his act and realizes with Philly cutting him this may be his last chance.

S

step055

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that a person can have the second chance. Especially if they can bring luck to their sport team.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Given his talent level he is expected to get a second chance somewhere.

He was incident free in Carolina but he is a Phill native and moved back there after trade. He did have issues in Philly including a domestice violence incident in college.

According to report Philadelphia police arrested him near the Eagles’ team facility where he was tasered and booked for multiple charges – including a DUI and one felony gun charge.

He has a preliminary hearing on May 1. Even if the courts don't charge him the NFL can and will probably suspend him. Once all of this plays out and he gets his life together another team wil give an oppotunity.

C

Chutzpah

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Worley already found a new team, Raiders signed him a few days afterward.