Athlete of the Year ?

komar125

komar125

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Write who is the athlete of the year for you?
For me without a doubt Saul Alvarez, Robert Lewandowski and Lewis Hamilton

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Simone Biles, no question about it. Besides being dominant on a all time historical level, she was also innovative in doing so. She did things previously thought impossible at just about every event she was in. There isn't even a close second for athlete of the year. Second place is on top of a mountain and she is in space.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, the athlete of the year is Khabib Nurmagomedov. Russian mixed martial arts fighter, reigning UFC lightweight champion.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Didn't he only have 1 event for the whole year?
For me, the athlete of the year is Khabib Nurmagomedov. Russian mixed martial arts fighter, reigning UFC lightweight champion.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There really has not been a clear cut best like in the past when we had MJ in the NBA or Tiger in golf. I don't watch but a few sports, like football, baseball and basketball. But the name I heard the most about was Samone Biles the gymnast. She has had a incredible run for sure. As far as in the sports I watch I would have to say Lamar Jackson in the NFL. I would also like to throw a NBA player in the talking point even though I don't watch a lot. James Harden had been a beast for the Houston Rockets. He is the leading scorer in the NBA by a wide margin, and has the last couple of years. Only reason he don't get more attention is because of LeBron. Everyone is all over that guy.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Didn't he only have 1 event for the whole year?
Yes, there was 1 tournament with Dustin Poirier. In this tournament, Khabib Nurmagomedov defended the world lightweight champion title. For me, he is an athlete of the year, although he participated in 1 event.

S

Salavat Kozhakhmetov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in my opinion it Vasyl lomachenko

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me Messi was the athlete of the year

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate.In my opinion Virgil Van Dijk has had an amazing year with Liverpool and 2020 will be another successful year for him.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
For me Rafael Nadal was the athlete of the year. He managed to win two Grand Slam titles last year, the US Open and the 12th Roland Garros, which is simply outrageous. :flute:

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LeBron James deserves the title Athlete of the Year, not only on his merits on the floor, but also beyond.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Best

Not sure I fully agree with the article I read but I saw where Tiger Woods was the athlete of the year for his come back play last year. With all the younger players out there I am sure this was a major feat for him to win but again not sure if he should be the Athlete of the year?

Your thoughts?

SLazarov

SLazarov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi mate.In my opinion Virgil Van Dijk has had an amazing year with Liverpool and 2020 will be another successful year for him.
Actually hard to decite who is the athlete of the year, depending on the sports that you follow. I would say Sadio Mane, Virgil Van Dijk do deserve it. But i follow only football though

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not sure I fully agree with the article I read but I saw where Tiger Woods was the athlete of the year for his come back play last year. With all the younger players out there I am sure this was a major feat for him to win but again not sure if he should be the Athlete of the year?

Your thoughts?
Athlete of the year for winning ONE GOLF tournament? No. Im alright for Tiger getting it in previous years but not for this. Golf is a great game but if you are going to win athlete of the year playing golf you better win at least two of the triple crown events. Tiger doesn't even play anywhere close to a full schedule any more. It just doesn't make any since to give someone athlete of the year for a one more time type of thing. To me athlete of the year should be reserved for someone who wins a championship or breaks some type of record or does something extraordinary outside of their athletic endeavors. You want to give him athletic performance of the year go ahead but not athlete of the year for this.

L

luskata27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Messi its a legend and very strong player

saha2000

saha2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Novak Djokovic i think,this legend of tennis.

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Thank you for the post.

Jorge Masvidal A.k.a. soon to be welterweight champion of the world. This guy lived in his car with his dog off and on for years. He used to fight bare knuckle in Miami with characters like kimbo slice. Now he is a top notch pro fighter. Knocking the best in the world out. He deserves it in my opinion.

Good Luck To All:cool:

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Several NBA and NFL players are helping to support their cities and even the workers who are at their stadiums who are out of work specifically during the coronavirus. I know Zion Williamson covered a months pay for the employees at the Smoothie King Center (best stadium name ever) and Drew Brees just gave $5 million dollars to the state of Louisiana. I think it is pretty awesome that these athletes are supporting the people that support them.

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for the post.

Jorge Masvidal A.k.a. soon to be welterweight champion of the world. This guy lived in his car with his dog off and on for years. He used to fight bare knuckle in Miami with characters like kimbo slice. Now he is a top notch pro fighter. Knocking the best in the world out. He deserves it in my opinion.

Good Luck To All:cool:

Yeah Jorge Masvidal is really good,he is an example that hard work paying off.
But still in my opinion he can'tbe athlete of the year,there are many othere with better results.

_xgeb_

_xgeb_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips

For me the athlete of the year is Lebrom James. It is shocking to see him dominate the NBA the way he does, considering the number of great athletes in the NBA. The "King" Lebrom is impossible to stop.