pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning/afternoon/evening Members

Well as expected - the Aussies are already showing us how to play the beautiful game of cricket and as i type this - England are 24 runs for the loss of 3 wickets, i will be staying up for the duration of the 5 test series as Cricket is my first love.

Its going to be very difficult already to get a result out of this game with Joe Root already out and in the shed but we can hope and pray, however Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazelwood are bowling like a dream for Australia....

I think im going to struggle listening to Allan Border crowing away on commentary this winter lol.

More to follow..

Last edited:
99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would be interesting to learn cricket more so ,not much access or people playing it here in canada ..some just not lots ..usually immigrants from other countries

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Ashes Day 2

Finally some fightback from England with a really good display by the bowlers to restrict the Aussies (at time of writing to 6-236 runs ( 89 runs lead) - the best part for me getting the ferret out before he could reach a century (David Warner) as he lead a charmed life.
Can England pull off a great comeback and get the aussies out before they can stretch a lead above 150? It still looks a decent pitch to bat on and Australia are formidable at home..
I still make the Aussies comfortable favourites to win this test but you never know....

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Ashes Day 4

A superb fightback from England with the bat leaves us currently 55 runs behind with both captain Joe Root and Dawid Malan at the crease with Australia desperate for a quick wicket. A new partnership record between these two has England currently 223 runs for the lost of 2 wickets.
As i speak - Nathan Lyon has struck and Dawid Malan is out....this is now truly game on!

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Australia 1 England 0 First Test Result.

Well played Australia, they out bowled and batted England over 4 days and deserved their first test win, England could not cope with the aussie barrage of top quality bowling backed up by that wily spin bowler Nathan Lyon.

Next test is at Adelaide and starts Thursday 16.12.21.