Antonio Brown blows head gasket

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What happened to him? Is he suffering from depression and needs help? It seems that Bruce Arians is done with him and threw him in the ditch. What if Antonio got hit in the head one too many times? I don't know the whole story, but there has to be something going on here. Does anyone know what is going on with him? I just hate to think that he got rejected at the time that he needed help the most.

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
His NFL carrer is far from over.

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wonder why he did that...

Sure is hard to figure out...Just to quit like that....brain scan is needed in this case.

Thanks for listening!

..bluff...

:cool:

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not good

I didn't like seeing him do that. It's not good to see someone self-destruct.

WhiskeyFix

WhiskeyFix

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ridiculous to see someone do this and blow future opportunities

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He clearly doesn't know how to handle his emotions very well, and I don't just mean what happened yesterday. He has quite a track record of bizarre behavior, but without knowing him personally its really just a guess at what the cause is, there could literally be an almost infinite number of reasons - such as having a poor upbringing which leads to immature or egotistical behavior, or perhaps an undiagnosed mental issue (possibly from chronic head injuries since he plays in a high speed contact game)... but from our distance we just have no idea. I would only say I pray for him to realize the error of his ways and if he needs help, that he finds it... part of the problem is that he was blessed by God with such physical ability, that NFL teams are more than willing to "look the other way" which only means he never gets whatever help he needs, and he is actually encourged to never perform any self-introspection... it is part of the problem of our modern world in my opinion, and most especially in sports. It certainly was a bizarre scene and we still don't even know why he did it... we may never know, he might never be willing to divulge the reason and his teammates sure aren't talking about it. :confused: Sometimes, "hitting bottom" is the only time we actually make any real progress, such as people who suffer with addictions like alcoholism know this concept very well. Perhaps the best thing that can happen to him is being shunned and thus, hitting his own rock bottom, as cruel as that may sound.

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He clearly doesn't know how to handle his emotions very well, and I don't just mean what happened yesterday. He has quite a track record of bizarre behavior, but without knowing him personally its really just a guess at what the cause is, there could literally be an almost infinite number of reasons - such as having a poor upbringing which leads to immature or egotistical behavior, or perhaps an undiagnosed mental issue (possibly from chronic head injuries since he plays in a high speed contact game)... but from our distance we just have no idea. I would only say I pray for him to realize the error of his ways and if he needs help, that he finds it... part of the problem is that he was blessed by God with such physical ability, that NFL teams are more than willing to "look the other way" which only means he never gets whatever help he needs, and he is actually encourged to never perform any self-introspection... it is part of the problem of our modern world in my opinion, and most especially in sports. It certainly was a bizarre scene and we still don't even know why he did it... we may never know, he might never be willing to divulge the reason and his teammates sure aren't talking about it. :confused: Sometimes, "hitting bottom" is the only time we actually make any real progress, such as people who suffer with addictions like alcoholism know this concept very well. Perhaps the best thing that can happen to him is being shunned and thus, hitting his own rock bottom, as cruel as that may sound.
You couldn't have said it better. At what point does spoiled brat stop and needs help begin?

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I thought Arians did not handle it well and should not have ditched him like that at the press conference, in public.

Tom Brady was much more constructive and sympathetic - and touched lightly on the idea of Brown suffering from mental stress/problems.

One utterly dismissive and one supportive when it is obvious Brown is dealing with issues.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bucs had Bell and Brown in addition to the other offensive weapons on the Bucs but a lot of folks knew this might happen. Too many chefs in the recipe will cause a disaster and I guess Brown thought from his track record that he could walk onto last years Super Bowl champ team and do whatever he liked it seems.

I don't know, he could have some mental disorder but that was clearly not how a professional acts. It's really sad to say but it looks like he's going to be one of those players that could have accomplished a lot more than what they did.

Hope he finds peace in whatever he does. I've really enjoyed watching his games over the years.

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
While Bruce Arians' reaction seems harsh, he was directly asked about it in the post-match press conference when he just wanted to talk about the game. Then again, a simple "that will be dealt with internally" or "that's for another time" or a heads up to the journalists not to ask any questions about Brown in advance would have been sufficient, rather than saying he's not a buc anymore! But that's easy for me to say when I'm not on the spot and in the heat of the moment.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Brown

Needless to say his actions were not at all what anyone could consider professional. I guess by now we all have read his side of the story that he was injured and per his agent the MRI he had showed this. Such a waste with the God given talent he was blessed with to act the way he did. Seems the hole he is digging for himself just keeps getting deeper and deeper .

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not jumping in until I know what the back story is. Does he need medical or other treatment because of game related injuries. Does he have personal issues that may cause mood swings, he just another spoiled player. I am sure the team and players are aware but until I know, I just wish him good health and hope he can get through this, the game will miss AB if he is unable to play.

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the Bucs knew this was a possibility. The guy has been a head case his entire career. He thought that they were trying to keep him from getting his bonus money and lost it on the field, regretted it later and made something up about his ankle after the fact. He can be seen jumping around and jogging on it with no limp or anything after he looses it on the field. Hopefully this will be the last team to put up with his crap and we won't have to worry about him again.