Anthony Joshua vs Oleksander Usyk - who wins?

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Afternoon fellow CC'ers.

Big fight coming up tomorrow night here in the UK with Anthony Joshua taking on Oleksander Usyk, definitely AJs toughest fight of his career and the same can be said for Usyk.

So who will win? Will size and power prevail over speed and skill....

I have AJ by KO mid rounds (6, 7 or 8). I just think he is too big for Usyk at heavyweight and as a gold medalist himself people underestimate his boxing skills.

I would be shock if Uysk got the points victory though.

What do you all think who will win? And should the winner fight the victor of Fury v Wilder 3 next...

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dude, sorry, look at the time, we created a theme at the same time. nothing personal, sorry. I think Usyk will drop the Briton in the eighth round.

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dude, sorry, look at the time, we created a theme at the same time. nothing personal, sorry. I think Usyk will drop the Briton in the eighth round.
Lol no worries ... Great minds think alike I guess... well except for the out come of the fight, otherwise around for me with AJ dropping Usyk.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will be rooting for Usyk. But I think Joshua will win on points. I'm looking forward to this fight.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Joshua will win at decision I think

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Afternoon fellow CC'ers.

Big fight coming up tomorrow night here in the UK with Anthony Joshua taking on Oleksander Usyk, definitely AJs toughest fight of his career and the same can be said for Usyk.

So who will win? Will size and power prevail over speed and skill....

I have AJ by KO mid rounds (6, 7 or 8). I just think he is too big for Usyk at heavyweight and as a gold medalist himself people underestimate his boxing skills.

I would be shock if Uysk got the points victory though.

What do you all think who will win? And should the winner fight the victor of Fury v Wilder 3 next...

Hey Ian.

I'm a bit worried for AJ in this fight. The fact he's coming in light makes me think he's gonna try and outbox Usyk. While I agree he is underestimated for his skills, Usyk def has better skills.
That said the reverse is true for Usyk? Will coming into the fight heaviest ever have slowed him down, or will he have focused too much on bilking up lose some stamina.
Really intriguing fight!

The winner should def be fighting the winner of Fury Wilder, but will it happen?? hmmm

Again, I'm pretty worried for Fury in that fight, I really hope we haven't missed the chance to see Fury AJ due to all the politics and wrangling with promoters etc!

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Ian.

I'm a bit worried for AJ in this fight. The fact he's coming in light makes me think he's gonna try and outbox Usyk. While I agree he is underestimated for his skills, Usyk def has better skills.
That said the reverse is true for Usyk? Will coming into the fight heaviest ever have slowed him down, or will he have focused too much on bilking up lose some stamina.
Really intriguing fight!

The winner should def be fighting the winner of Fury Wilder, but will it happen?? hmmm

Again, I'm pretty worried for Fury in that fight, I really hope we haven't missed the chance to see Fury AJ due to all the politics and wrangling with promoters etc!
Agreed mate, very intriguing fight ahead.

I actually think 240 is AJs best weight, when he bulked up too big against the likes of takam etc he gassed easy with the muscle mass and I think his power also suffered due to lack of speed. If you look at the fights where he has fought 240 before e.g. Pulev he retains his power but is more agile and has less stamina issues.

I think he will use similar tactics to the Pulev fight looking to box on the outside but attack with aggression when he sees an opening.

Intriguing to see how Usyk carries the extra weight, I wasn't impressed by his performance vs chisora noticed he gets caught alot can't be doing that vs AJ.

But yeah I agree the Fury fight has to happen (so long as both fighters win their fights), I just worry that ship may have sailed.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good evening.Ithink Joshua will win not by ko but unanimous decision.The Brithish has the advantage of his height but, I don´t know why, I don´t see a knock out in this fight.Maybe I am wrong.We will watch this fight tomorrow.

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
wow... It's hard to say, in fact, both have good chances, but I think, taking into account his growth and stability, AJ will develop a strategy to keep Usyk at a distance, making wait for a jab and jab, and then a knockout. So it is quite possible that this could bring him victory.

Funkyst3t

Funkyst3t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish good luck to Oleksander Usyk, to be honest, there are not enough chances, yet they are from different weight categories.:)

Funkyst3t

Funkyst3t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow wow wow, that was an amazing fight!:icon_thum

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well as a Brit I am disappointed that AJ lost the fight, but Usyk was brilliant tonight what a fantastic boxer he is, congrats to Usyk well deserved.

In the rematch hope AJ comes in a little heavier as his only chance is to look for the KO he cannot outbox Usyk

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I congratulate all Ukrainian fans and fans of Alexander Usik. The Ukrainian dominated the entire fight, Joshua looked helpless and pitiful as he got 12 rounds.

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol no worries ... Great minds think alike I guess... well except for the out come of the fight, otherwise around for me with AJ dropping Usyk.
you should have listened to me friend. two days before the fight I put the coefficient three, risked a hundred bucks now there is something to live on for a week.:D

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Well as a Brit I am disappointed that AJ lost the fight, but Usyk was brilliant tonight what a fantastic boxer he is, congrats to Usyk well deserved.

In the rematch hope AJ comes in a little heavier as his only chance is to look for the KO he cannot outbox Usyk

Very tricky to know what he should do. His punches were already looking slow for much of the fight. Of course that is relative to Usyk who is very quick, and that head movement.....

If they do have a re match Joshua needs to actually go for it early, make it a fight and hope he can hurt him and therefore change how the fight plays out. By the time he got going last night, he was already slowing down too much himself I think.

Good fight though! :)

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very tricky to know what he should do. His punches were already looking slow for much of the fight. Of course that is relative to Usyk who is very quick, and that head movement.....

If they do have a re match Joshua needs to actually go for it early, make it a fight and hope he can hurt him and therefore change how the fight plays out. By the time he got going last night, he was already slowing down too much himself I think.

Good fight though! :)
Agreed. Perhaps a change in corner is required as well. The tactics by Mccracken in this was all wrong, kept telling AJ to keep Usyk at end off jab and let him "come to you" even in round 10 when he was 6 rnds or so down .... wtf should of told him straight ... you need a KO go knock his block off!! If AJ got KOed in process so be it lol.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alexander is an excellent boxer, the Ukrainian boxing school is always on top

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.I respectfully desagree with you mates.I didn´t like the fight at all. It was a boring one.Joshua was losing the fight and didn´t take any risks?.When a real champion is under that pressure,shows his courage and determination like Leonard vs Hearns or Chávez vs Meldrick Taylor.Usyk did his job and was clearly the best.In my opinion this is the worst era in the division.Tyson, Holyfield,Lewis and even the old and fat Foreman would kill those guys.